Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android phones that work with Tello

I've seen some posts/rants in other places about android phones that don't work with the Tello. So, how about a listing of phones or tablets that you've successfully flown your Tello with. I've tried three so far:

Essential PH-1 - doesn't work. Connects to the wifi but I never get a picture from the Tello camera.
Motorola G4 - works great. This is what I've flown with since day one on my Tello. Controls are very responsive and everything works, no hiccups.
Huaweii 7" tablet - works. I tried this one out this morning just to see if flying with a tablet was better than a phone. Worked just fine but my first impression was that the controls weren't as responsive as the Moto G4.
my ones are greyed out on the s8 I synced them with Google photos and can view them there.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Both phone work fine for me.

#xiaomi
#sony

I have OnePlus One model and it works with tello. Sometimes getting wifi connection on it.
At official support they told me that One model is not officially supported.

... Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) = absolutely YES (everything working) ...
... Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 = absolutely NO (app doesn't start) ...

AD MAIORA

Reactions: Garana
I fly my tello using a old Samsung on5 I have with a knockoff on5 Indian version firmware rooted running sixaxis to one of my old ps3 controllers. It's fly the thing wonderfully. I still have to access the acro/shots options from the screen as well as takeoff ps3 controller works for everything else

I have a Samsung S3 Neo and I want to buy a better version of Samsung. I do not know what to choose: the S, J or A series (cheaper choice).

Depends on the money you are willing to spend. My A5 works, I guess all of them that are newer support it no problem. I'd go with a bigger screen, my A5 is 5.2", You'd want at least 5.5" for Tello, or even more.

That meaning, even higher end J series might be better than midrange A series I got, even though A series is superior.

I've Huawei P10 lite and I can't save pictures and video. Somebody else have similar feedback?

Motorola Moto E4 - Works !
Galaxy Nexus - Works ! but no Video or Foto

Last edited:
Reactions: Eflactem
I'm using a rooted Nvidia Shield K1 tablet and using the Gamesir T1d controller and the HDMI out from the tablet connected to a Eachine Goggles Two to do FPV flying . I had to side load the Tello app because the app store said the device and software weren't compatible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv