Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android phones that work with Tello

... Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) = absolutely YES (everything working) ...
... Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 = absolutely NO (app doesn't start) ...

AD MAIORA
Interesting... My Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T813) works. Running Android 7.0 (German version). It's the WLAN only version (no mobile).
As already stated somewhere else, the Samsung Gallery app only shows corrupted pictures taken from the Tello. But it's just the app. They show correctly in other apps or devices.

Motorola Moto G3 works as well.

Cheers
Guido

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I,m using Motorola Z2 with my Tello, and don't works, the video is very delay.
Does exist some solution?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Connected but shows black screen on video and picture

Lenovo A7
- connected and works perfectly fine

Interesting... My Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T813) works. Running Android 7.0 (German version). It's the WLAN only version (no mobile).
As already stated somewhere else, the Samsung Gallery app only shows corrupted pictures taken from the Tello. But it's just the app. They show correctly in other apps or devices.

Motorola Moto G3 works as well.

Cheers
Guido
... with latest version of Tello app now also my Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T819) works perfectly ... ;)

Galaxy Tab A (SM-T550) - flew fine. Photos don't display in the Samsung Gallery app but look fine Pixlr

Samsung S7 Edge - flew fine. Couldn't take photos.

Huawei P20 Lite Perfect
Xperia XA1 Perfect
Xperia Z5 Perfect

Those are the devices i´ve tried so far without any problem.

I checked though the previous posts but I didn't see the "Wunderphone " Does anyone use it with the Tello?

It's a good idea to check which phone works with Tello but it's becoming difficult to find if your phone is supporting or not : too many post to search ?
It would be easier to make a list in the beginning of this thread with all the supporting Android devices ...
What do you think of this ?

It's a good idea to check which phone works with Tello but it's becoming difficult to find if your phone is supporting or not : too many post to search ?
It would be easier to make a list in the beginning of this thread with all the supporting Android devices ...
What do you think of this ?
I think that's a good idea. Got my vote.

What is the list of Samsung phones compatible with Dji Tello?
I use a Galaxy S9+. I have to turn mobile data off which is a pain but it works fine. One problem is when looking at pictures from the drone in the gallery, they are partially greyed out, but fine in the tello app. Also if you send them via text even though they are greyed out and distorted looking, they send fine and are received fine.

Nexus 6P working pretty well. Has to be airplane mode + wifi. Sometimes is a bit fiddly to connect (restarting app, etc), but once connected works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted