Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Hi. Just for info.

Which method use for image processing?
Mediacodec or other?

I mean for the preview of the raw data from tello..

Hi,
Here is few requests for a next version (sorry if it has ever been asked)

- Allow FPV mode like in the official app
- Allow directory choice for medias storage (SD card)
- Édit: record mic phone source with video.
- Allow acro mode flight (if it can be from the application and not in firmware)
- Add the possibility to take stereo pictures (on pic for left eye, small laterral move, on pic for right eye)
- Picture follow me (follow symbol which would be defined by the app; like face tracking but with symbol. Like circle for exemple, if image traitment is easier with circle)
- Add possibility to make 360° pictures

Hope it will help to find great ideas for that application !! :)

Thanks !
Thank you for your ideas !!

: Do you mean 3D mode for goggle?
: Yes.. it's reasonable.
: Tello video.+ phone audio? I think it requires additional cpu resource..
- Allow acro mode flight (if it can be from the application and not in firmware)
: I think it's not possible, it should be done on drone side
- Add the possibility to take stereo pictures (on pic for left eye, small laterral move, on pic for right eye)
: I think VR goggle is required right?
- Picture follow me (follow symbol which would be defined by the app; like face tracking but with symbol. Like circle for exemple, if image traitment is easier with circle)
: object tracking you mean.. it is under development.
: I think it's not possible because Tello camera lens is not fish-eye..
: but I think you mean panorama shot, right?

I loves your app. You are doing a great job.

Please, take note of my request for future improvements:

- Flight Route increasing zoom: Maximun grid size is about 10 meters away. Could you enlarge the grid size ? That way I could watch whole flight track on far flights.

- Flight Route screen centering on each landing: I land many times in the same point during one battery or flight session. Sometimes start and end points don't match. I understand this is due innacuracy on Tello Video Positioning and is not your fault, but I would like to get Initial Position reseted each time I land.

Thanks a lot and keep working. You app is the best.

Raul.
Thanks for your feedback.
I'll consider them in the next version.

I tought of 2 things to add if possible.

Allow setting how far back the drone would move when doing up and away.

Allow setting the circle size when doing circle.

Quick question:
Can we turn off auto landing ?
Actually the features supported by Tello itself can not be modified.
New funtions should be implemented.
Let me add to do list..

Reactions: MagooYFZ
Hi. Just for info.

Which method use for image processing?
Mediacodec or other?

I mean for the preview of the raw data from tello..
MediaCodec is used for video decoding.
It is the easy way for using hw decoders devices support.

Here's my test for the face tracking. I was smiling all the time because it was working! hahaha
My son is behind me with the Mi extender, I could take it in the pocket, but it was only a test.
Is there available sample of your apps?let us try thanks

Maybe if it's doable make it so you can determine how much seconds you want them to last first , and you can add them back to back to each other like an equation . Exemple :
strafe right + gain height + rotate left , would make it do a kind of spiral going up while filming . Then you press start and it does the action you predetermined.

How you can do it in screen like I think =

*Press button to change to cinematic mode .

That lead you to all the command in the upper portion of the screen .

Exemple of fonction : back , forward , strafe left , strafe right , rotate left , rotate right , up , down

So if you want to make it do a 360 degree exemple you set the the time duration to 5 second then you press rotate 4 time let's say .
And you press start .

Tello will do a 360 filming.

One thing I'm thinking about is ... A way to make it so you choose between Action done back to back or at the same time....

Exemple the 360 ( rotate left x4 )
And 360 gaining height ( rotate left x 4 while going up ) there is some things it need to clarified still on what is doable or not ... Let me know what you think @bluejune and keep up the good work!!

@bluejune you think those thing can be made or not ??
Thanks and good work.

One thing tho is there anyway to get the same control as the mode 2 control of the original apps??? I really like those control it suits best for me !! Thanks for the great app the head tracking is working good for me on my Xiaomi mi mix 2 .
Would it be possible to correct the trajectory or the drone while being in head tracking mode ???
Thanks for the good work!!

Thank you for your ideas !!

: Do you mean 3D mode for goggle?
: Yes.. it's reasonable.
: Tello video.+ phone audio? I think it requires additional cpu resource..
: I think it's not possible, it should be done on drone side
: I think VR goggle is required right?
: object tracking you mean.. it is under development.
: I think it's not possible because Tello camera lens is not fish-eye..
: but I think you mean panorama shot, right?

Thanks a lot for your reply !

- FPV: yes i mean "3D" mode (duplicated screens side by side) for google glasses, like in the stock app.
- Audio with video: Yes, i mean audio mic phone. We could record comments during video record. i understand maybe it could take ressource which can decrease video quality, but maybe it could work without big problem ?
- Stereo picture: Yes, for play it, we need vr glasses or 3d tv with glasses, or anaglyph glasses (blue red)
- Objet tracking: it is great you are working on it. i just mean if it is easier for you that object is always the same (like a special picture you give), no problem for me to print it and put it on the object to folow :) (hard to explain in english that I mean)
- 360 pics (edit): yes i mean 360 panorama. (360 "true pic" would be great but i don't know if add black parts to complete pics - sky and floor - and 360 tags could get good results with 360 viewer...).

Thank you for your work !

Last edited:
Is it possible to add ATTI switch (disable all sensors) to your application?
Sometimes drone turning on auto-landing because "vision positioning system unavailable " ATTI may be helpful in this situation

Reactions: MagooYFZ
I don't think so... tello got more things to updates.i rather they do..headless mode, auto tracking,or return home functions

To be honest, the Idea to get a Record Audio Feature would be great.

Now you have to run 2 apps, Atello and a screenrecorder. But it would be easyer to do it right in the App.

I Love the Idea.

Hi all,

Just another idea : recording a course (from joystick) and play it again after.

Utilisation exemple :
- Put the drone on the floor at a precise place
- Start recording course button
- take off and do the course you want.
- Landing (or not)
- Stop recording
- Put the drone on the floor at the initial place
- Play the recording course : the joystick manipulation are reproduced.

It would be great for video selfie including travelling you have planed and recording.

(Edit 15:22) Maybe adding record/play to your flight route function could do that ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: bluejune

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv