Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

ok.. let me answer my own post...as I said sorry i was too excited to run the software without having to go thru the wiki thoroughly and other pages.
i finally got the face track to work by turning on the video processing but had to deactivate the TTS (it's off in my setting though my screen cap says its ON)

still, on initial trial i got a black screen, but on restart... finally got video feed and the face tracking.
the face track works but you have to move kinda slowly otherwise it looses track of your face.
and as what the others have said, if you turn sideways, it also looses track of you. It's a good feature that hopefully will improve in the long run.

Another kinda scary "glitch" is that if you go near your tello while facing it and with face track ON, the tello tries to back off, then when you back off still facing it, it tries to catch up with you and flies too close to your face. It almost crash landed on my face :D

the fly to home is an good, not so good, or totally OFF affair. I think if you fly in so many directions then try to activated "fly to home", sometimes it looses track of where "home" is and flies off to wherever. Good thing i was indoors when I tested this.

the land on hand works, at least 2 out of 3 tries i did. the throw and fly works also, I just failed once because 5 seconds already elapsed before I threw it.
the head free mode seems to work, at least when I tried it (once). have yet to try it again.
so .. overall.. good but can still improve. for flying out doors, I think I may still have to stick to the official tello app, the latest firmware update already allows you to extend the height to 30 meters, and that's a big plus for me. I'm not going to take action or racing videos, I just need to go high, take overhead shots, or get a 360 view of the surrounding in slow flight.

one last thing...appreciate the low battery audio alert but is there a way to silence it after it sets off... I mean something better than pressing on my volume down button :)

Screenshot_20181228-173413.pngScreenshot_20181228-173858.png

Reactions: brick72
@bluejune

I have a request if it's possible.

Can you add IMU and Gravity calibration into the app? I change my props and add or remove the guards depending where I am flying, therefore I have to keep doing gravity calibration. I want to completely remove the original Tello app, but can't due to this.

ok.. let me answer my own post...as I said sorry i was too excited to run the software without having to go thru the wiki thoroughly and other pages.
i finally got the face track to work by turning on the video processing but had to deactivate the TTS (it's off in my setting though my screen cap says its ON)

still, on initial trial i got a black screen, but on restart... finally got video feed and the face tracking.
the face track works but you have to move kinda slowly otherwise it looses track of your face.
and as what the others have said, if you turn sideways, it also looses track of you. It's a good feature that hopefully will improve in the long run.

Another kinda scary "glitch" is that if you go near your tello while facing it and with face track ON, the tello tries to back off, then when you back off still facing it, it tries to catch up with you and flies too close to your face. It almost crash landed on my face :D

the fly to home is an good, not so good, or totally OFF affair. I think if you fly in so many directions then try to activated "fly to home", sometimes it looses track of where "home" is and flies off to wherever. Good thing i was indoors when I tested this.

the land on hand works, at least 2 out of 3 tries i did. the throw and fly works also, I just failed once because 5 seconds already elapsed before I threw it.
the head free mode seems to work, at least when I tried it (once). have yet to try it again.
so .. overall.. good but can still improve. for flying out doors, I think I may still have to stick to the official tello app, the latest firmware update already allows you to extend the height to 30 meters, and that's a big plus for me. I'm not going to take action or racing videos, I just need to go high, take overhead shots, or get a 360 view of the surrounding in slow flight.

one last thing...appreciate the low battery audio alert but is there a way to silence it after it sets off... I mean something better than pressing on my volume down button :)

View attachment 2402View attachment 2403
Sound like you run a HTC u11 too. I have almost the same problems with facetracking.

Hi, first time poster, long time reader..

Sorry but I've been searching and couldn't find the answer, is there a way to save the photos and videos to sd card instead of phone. I don't have much space on my phone so hoping there is a way to change the setting.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: brick72
Hi, first time poster, long time reader..

Sorry but I've been searching and couldn't find the answer, is there a way to save the photos and videos to sd card instead of phone. I don't have much space on my phone so hoping there is a way to change the setting.

Thanks in advance.
It seems that there will be no Update at all.

Thanks for the info, brick72.
It's a pity there will be no update, this is such a good app. I guess I'll just need to transfer videos and photos more often.
You should come over to TelloFPV. This ap is updated many times. Until its a "under construction" App you have the Chance to got this Feature. I already posted your Idea there. And if its technically possible the Programmer will Watch to implement you Idea!
Edit:
Here you go New app: TelloFPV

Hey guys, first post here.
Brand new happy tello owner.
Just switched to atello pilot, and i have a question for t1 users here.
How do you set up the t1 in the app to have a smooth yaw, but a fast control on all the others.
My apologies if this has been already answered, i could not find the time to read all the posts.
Thank you!

Hey guys, first post here.
Brand new happy tello owner.
Just switched to atello pilot, and i have a question for t1 users here.
How do you set up the t1 in the app to have a smooth yaw, but a fast control on all the others.
My apologies if this has been already answered, i could not find the time to read all the posts.
Thank you!
Hi, it is not possible with atellopilot application. The rate adjustement is only for all the sticks at the same time.:(
If you need that function, look at the tellofpv app, i think it has.

Hi Guy's I'm having a problem recording video using the aTelloPilot app.
I have been using the app now for the past 4 months without any problems but now after recording the videos stop after playback of approx 15 seconds. I reinstalled the app but it has made no difference.
When I record and playback using the Rhyze Tello app every thing is normal.
Has anyone else had this problem.

Hi Guy's I'm having a problem recording video using the aTelloPilot app.
I have been using the app now for the past 4 months without any problems but now after recording the videos stop after playback of approx 15 seconds. I reinstalled the app but it has made no difference.
When I record and playback using the Ryze Tello app every thing is normal.
Has anyone else had this problem.
Have you recently upgraded your Tello firmware or phone OS? Sometimes doing changes like mess up something that was previously working.

VERSION 0.7 RELEASED

-- Click here for details (wiki)

1. main controller redesigned
- Tello flight mode group, Auto Pilots group and Vision tracking group added
main_overview.png

Tello Flight Modes group
main_tello_flight_mode.png

AutoPilot group
main_autopilot.png

POI Orbiting
main_autopilot_orbiting_dialog.png

main_autopilot_orbiting_route.png

Panorama
main_autopilot_panorama_cuts.png

Mission
main_autopilot_mission_start.png

Vision Tracking group
main_vision_tracking.png

Object Tracking
main_vision_tracking_object_going.png

In flight video tuning supported (EV and bitrate)
main_more.png

2. Mission Planner
- add and edit automated flight (mission)

mission_plan_overview.png

mission_plan_turn.png
mission_plan_alt.png

mission_plan_flip.png
mission_plan_orbiting.png

3. dialogs support PAD (joystick) if it is connected
  • Items can be selected without touching the screen when the stick is connected
  • Throttle: move the item focus up and down
  • Yaw : move the item focus left and right or change the item value
  • A or X button : OK
  • B or Y button : Cancel
main_dialogs_by_stick.png

Thanks.

Last edited:
hi,bluejune,happy to see you coming back. I find a problem when using automatic return. my tello does not return in a straight line, bbut keeps swinging and flying , it was strange. That day is no wind。

Last edited:
hi,bluejune,happy to see you coming back. I find a problem when using automatic return. my tello does not return in a straight line, bbut keeps swinging and flying , it was strange. That day is no wind。
View attachment 3448
It's very strange.
can you test it with V0.7 version?
With V0.7 version, I applied trajectory flight and it makes more stable.
Can you try it?

Thanks.

@bluejune , I'm glad to hear you again !

aTelloPilot update long time awaited. You listened at our complains and added separated expo/rate/deadband for each RC axis. Interface rearrange makes app more usable too.

I'm looking forward testing new exciting POI Orbiting autopilot, and of course your new amazing feature MISION PLANNER. It looks great for playing !

I have to admit lately I have not flown aTelloPilot as TelloFPV has been developing and growing so quickly, but I'll find time to give a try to your app ;)

As they use to say: competition is good for customers and busisnesses. It's great there are several applications for our beloved tello, each with its strengths and weaknesses.

All the best.

Raul.

It's very strange.
can you test it with V0.7 version?
With V0.7 version, I applied trajectory flight and it makes more stable.
Can you try it?

Thanks.
Sorry, I found this problem after purchasing and using V6.0. I think you stopp develop this software, so I applied for a refund .
I will re-purchase the app for testing.and I have some small suggestions:
  1. Increase the frame rate setting, just like tellofpv. This may result in a significant improvement in the image.
  2. In the track map, can it be achieved by GPS (mobile phone) positioning to change the home location .
This will make it easier for me to follow the flight of Tello and find it if i lose it.

Last edited:
Cool to See you again!
Updated Today, but have to wait for better Weather.
I Take a look at the Mission Planer. I have to admit that I dont understand it for 100%. I Think if it could be possible to integrate Google Maps behind the Route it would easyer to see how far the Tello would Fly. Its a bit confusing to me.

As promised, I tested aTelloPilot v0.7

I centered into MISSION PLANNER new feature. Test performed indoor. It works, but it seemed to me path is a bit erratic. Destination points frecuently missed and needs lot of corrections to achieve mission. It's not clear what velocity used for displacements as speed it's a not progammable item. I hope faster speed used for long displacements. Unfortunatelly I have no enought room for that test. Here some screen captures showing you Mission plans along with it's real life execution.

ATELLOPILOT MISSION TEST.jpg

ATELLOPILOT MISSION TEST 2.jpg

ATELLOPILOT MISSION TEST 3.jpg

By the way, I noticed mission coordinates are relative. Imagine a simple mission: From (0,0) start point to (1,0) coodinates. Test start, Tello takeoff, fly far, then you press mission start. You will see Tello flying one meter forward from their actual position, he won't fly to the takeoff point before performing mission. In fact, you can skip setting an start landmark at (0,0) as it's needless.

All the best.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv