Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

nvidia shiled controller con nvidia shild tablet and on oneplus3t working perfect

just a question, atellopilot doesnt have VR?

Reactions: bluejune
Bought the app on Sunday, and i must say i am very impressed with how good it is. Havent used any of the tracking or return to home functions yet, but is much better than the standard Tello app. Thanks for this :)

Hi,

In the next release, below features are enabled or improved.
  1. audio recording feature will be enabled (new)
    • Tello video stream + audio from device microphone for MP4 video format
  2. face tracking changes
    • yaw control instead of roll control
    • if you move left or right, Tello just turns its heading to focus you instead of moving left or right
  3. improved head free
    • even if you move or turn, while head free is enabled, it always works
  4. fix PS4 left stick issue
  5. route grid scale increase
new version will be released soon.

Great App so far (y) Some thoughts about the GUI, though

Video mode

I would like to see Video recording as the default mode on startup. Maybe it's a matter of personal preference, but every time I hit the record button I realize having to switch mode first & one would profit from the wider screen by default, as well.

Fast mode

What do you think about giving the fast mode more visual presence on the GUI like in the original Tello App. The original Tello app got these blue circles around the controls indicating the fast mode is on - I would like to see something similar to have this important information handy at a glance - especially when your drone is far out & one don't see it visually.

thx

-m

A bug I forgot to report - while in picture mode the icon shows the camcorder icon (video) & vice versa. Hence the video mode shows the camera icon

great app though

-m

Reactions: Splicer
A bug I forgot to report - while in picture mode the icon shows the camcorder icon (video) & vice versa. Hence the video mode shows the camera icon

great app though

-m

Yes, I believe that is how its intended to work, the button shows the action it will perform when you press it. Example : camcorder = turn on video mode, camera = turn on picture mode.

So if you have the option to switch to video mode its because you are in picture mode and vice versa.

ty for info
it is planned to be on the app any day?
Only bluejune could anwser you but i see he is listening to the user requests and developpe them when possible. So, i would not be surprise Bluejune add VR mode in a next release. :)

Hi,

In the next release, below features are enabled or improved.
  1. audio recording feature will be enabled (new)
    • Tello video stream + audio from device microphone for MP4 video format
  2. face tracking changes
    • yaw control instead of roll control
    • if you move left or right, Tello just turns its heading to focus you instead of moving left or right
  3. improved head free
    • even if you move or turn, while head free is enabled, it always works
  4. fix PS4 left stick issue
  5. route grid scale increase
new version will be released soon.

Great !

Thanks a lot for listening to my request of increase grid route scale. That way it will be possible to track Tello during far flights.

I hope recording audio new feature does not cause delays/lost frames into video stream. Will it be a user-selectable switch ?

Keep working. Your app is the best.

Raul
-----

Yes, I believe that is how its intended to work, the button shows the action it will perform when you press it. Example : camcorder = turn on video mode, camera = turn on picture mode.

So if you have the option to switch to video mode its because you are in picture mode and vice versa.

Surely a way to look at it. Maybe it's more intuitive that way.

Last edited:
Flight log question

Last night I realized 'Fligh Log' switch at the very bottom setup page.

I turned on switch and checked after every flight several files appeared into \aTelloPilot\Log for example flight_log_2018-08-22 224510.DAT

I tried to view the file but, except date, is not understable:

' * BUILD Jul 23 2018 23:08:47 FÃ# efc`ebeeUUªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUiX Š- DJI_LOG_V3§‚= U= €°(o €ëüóÿýàñããíÃÉÞÓïÄßÀßÜß×ÉïÆÕÂÙÖÉïÓßÞÖÙמº°§åUL

Can you explain me what's inside the file ?

If it is the flight data, would be possible to extract max distance and max height during that flight ?

Or, even better, is there any way to reconstruct the whole route followed by tello ?

Thanks a lot.

Raul
---------

Flight log question

Last night I realized 'Fligh Log' switch at the very bottom setup page.

I turned on switch and checked after every flight several files appeared into \aTelloPilot\Log for example flight_log_2018-08-22 224510.DAT

I tried to view the file but, except date, is not understable:

Can you explain me what's inside the file ?

If it is the flight data, would be possible to extract max distance and max height during that flight ?

Or, even better, is there any way to reconstruct the whole route followed by tello ?

Thanks a lot.

Raul
---------

Answering to myself:

.DAT files can be revised using free CsvView Windows application

CsvView/DatCon

CsvView and DatCon are free offline apps that provide the means to analyze log files produced by the Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 1, Spark, and Mavic Pro drones. To use one, or both, of these apps just download and install on your PC, Mac or Linux machine

A lot of data to analyze. MVO: posX and MVO: posY looks very promising as they indicate the position of tello during flight.

I have managed to export them to a .csv file that can be exploited into a simple excel sheet using 'file/export csv' option into CsvView.

csv.jpg

This is enough for me to play a little.

Raul

I use wifi extender to fly longer, I use a gamesir controller T1D, made for the dji tello, but with all this does not work.
in my opinion they are much more important things than the face traking or the slow to fast fast switch ....
And I paid 5 dollar for this.....
My opinion is face tracking or slow to fast are much,much more important than your problem.... lot's of customers are happy with Atellopilot...its your fault... do your study next time .... don't think everyone have problem like your....
Atello pilot are awesome love all the features... much better than official Tello...

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "bluejune, post: 8461, członek: 219"] Kupiłem kontroler GameSir T1D, ponieważ jest za dużo żądań, aby go obsłużyć.
Po dekodowaniu pakietów bluetooth, będzie on obsługiwany jako Parrot FlyPad. [/ QUOTE]
Dziękuję Ci . Jesteś najlepszy. Przepraszam za mój angielski.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv