Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Feature-Requests:
  1. Change the Photo/Video button to show the actual config OR Change the Icon to the right differently while Video-Mode is active (instead of a iris just a red dot or something video related.
  2. Add the possibility to change EV (Exposure Value) in controller mode. It's impractical to change this without seeing the result. Perhaps add in in the stick trim screen in the top middle part.
  3. Expo function for controls (in onscreen and controller mode) so that smoother controls are possible.
Everything else is already very good !

Feature-Requests:
  1. Change the Photo/Video button to show the actual config OR Change the Icon to the right differently while Video-Mode is active (instead of a iris just a red dot or something video related.
  2. Add the possibility to change EV (Exposure Value) in controller mode. It's impractical to change this without seeing the result. Perhaps add in in the stick trim screen in the top middle part.
  3. Expo function for controls (in onscreen and controller mode) so that smoother controls are possible.
Everything else is already very good !
Hi agree with you for the first point, i would prefer the display icon for video photo mode would be the active one.

I have a Gamesir T1s controller that was possible to use with tricks in the original app and without any problems in aTelloPilot. But in both cases the range even with WiFi Repeater was absolutely terrible or even unusable. The video is choppy in the beginning and after 5-10m it's lost completely. :cry::confused:

:unsure: But I found a great solution thanks that aTelloPilot has a generic support for game controllers. I connect the controller via USB to my phone (Galaxy S8). There is no Bluetooth interference anymore and since the phone is mounted on top of the controller the WiFi reception is better than when holding it in my hands. (y):cool::love:

So I ordered short micro USB to USB-C cables to avoid a long USB cable an the USB to USB-C adapter.

Hello Tello pilot, :)
I can not connect the "aTelloPilot App" to my Gamesir T1d controller :(. When the app searches for controllers, it finds it immediately (y). But control is not possible. The connection indicator of the controller (4 blue dots) flashes :unsure:.
Do I have to activate something in the app?:rolleyes:

P.S. The original app runs without problems, even with Meross Wifi extender.

Greetings Buli

I found a workflow to improve the video results allot with the (no so easy) workflow explained here. The Video files captured with aTelloPilot are different than from the original App. The original App produces a stable frame rate bit the video is re-encoded with a bandwidth of 10 Mbps. Already a loss there. aTelloPilot records the video data it received including glitches and a very inconsistent timing and frame rate. (The best it can do, you get all what is received from the drone).

1. Drone configuration:
I configure the max. bitrate of 4 Mbps and a exposure value of 1.0

2. Repair frame rate and timing
I extract the raw h264 data and recompose it with a fix framerate with ffmpeg. I created a batch file where the original files from the drone can be "dropped" and then it creates the corrected version in the same folder.
Code:
:next
if "%~1" == "" goto done
C:\Software\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i "%~1" -c copy in.264
C:\Software\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -r 30 -i in.264 -c copy "%~dp1%~n1.Fixed30fps%~x1"
del -q in.264
shift
goto next
:done
exit
After this step there are no standing frames (during reception problems) and the framerate is exactly 30 fps.

3. Double the frame rate to 60 fps by calculating the additional frames in between
You need SmoothVideo Project (SVP) for this step. You can preview the result with the free version. To convert it to a video file you need the paid version (25$).
I created a profile that just doubled the frame rate. I your monitor is using a frame rate of also 60 fps the Automatic profile should work also. Also you get the best resoults if your monitor uses the same or the double frame rate of your video.

Also I did test with slowing down the video 5x (I used 6 instead of 30 frames in step 2) and the results are nice. Also a slowdown of 2x give good results. It's important that there are as less as possible compression artefacts and glitches in the original video.

Demo-Files: Google Drive (Online viewing should work, but download for optimal results)

I have a Gamesir T1s controller that was possible to use with tricks in the original app and without any problems in aTelloPilot. But in both cases the range even with WiFi Repeater was absolutely terrible or even unusable. The video is choppy in the beginning and after 5-10m it's lost completely. :cry::confused:

:unsure: But I found a great solution thanks that aTelloPilot has a generic support for game controllers. I connect the controller via USB to my phone (Galaxy S8). There is no Bluetooth interference anymore and since the phone is mounted on top of the controller the WiFi reception is better than when holding it in my hands. (y):cool::love:

So I ordered short micro USB to USB-C cables to avoid a long USB cable an the USB to USB-C adapter.
I also have the GameSir T1s, works perfect with bluetooth, but i would like to connect it via the otg cable on my S8+. How did you do it ? do you need to switch on the Controller, or just plug in the otg cable ? If possible, please give me a step by step way of using this method. Thanks :)

I also have the GameSir T1s, works perfect with bluetooth, but i would like to connect it via the otg cable on my S8+. How did you do it ? do you need to switch on the Controller, or just plug in the otg cable ? If possible, please give me a step by step way of using this method. Thanks :)

I Need this Step by Step too.
I would like to buy a cheap otg gamecontroller, the TS1 seems to be the best Choice. Or has someone an better Solution?
(Im Not a Gamer, no psx or Xbox. I just Need One for the tello)

I Need this Step by Step too.
I would like to buy a cheap otg gamecontroller, the TS1 seems to be the best Choice. Or has someone an better Solution?
(Im Not a Gamer, no psx or Xbox. I just Need One for the tello)

If it were me I would go with an OTG Xbox controller opposed to the TS1 as you will avoid any control lag and video or range interference created by using bluetooth.

That's really just plug and play. I use the original micro USB cable from GameSir and the original OTG Adapter from Samsung that came with the phone. The controller turns on automatically and I did no configuration on the phone, it just works.

You can test it without the drone connected in the control mode and the sticks in the stick calibration screen.
I ordered some shorter cables on AliExpress with the right connectors.

DSC08189_small.jpg

DSC08188_small.jpg

That's really just plug and play. I use the original micro USB cable from GameSir and the original OTG Adapter from Samsung that came with the phone. The controller turns on automatically and I did no configuration on the phone, it just works.

You can test it without the drone connected in the control mode and the sticks in the stick calibration screen.

View attachment 1303

View attachment 1304
Thank you very much, i will try it out (y)

View attachment 1303

View attachment 1304
How do you get to this stick calibration screen??

Hi all! I have a request..... Is it possible to have the possibility to go set the limit higher than 30m? Thx

Please read the complete Wiki first (rtfm ?? :geek:): aTelloPilot Wiki

Point 3 "Stick Trim" : Controller

Also consult Game controllers supported for button mapping.

I realized what that was after I posted. I am beginning to think I might have a bad controller. Everything works fine except the right stick. These controls seem to be on the R2 & L2 triggers instead of the joystick. May pick up another controller to try today.

Hi,

I published an Android app called aTelloPilot (another Tello Pilot).
Below features are supported.

Click WiKi page for the detailed explanation

1. Tello supported
2. Several controllers supported
- Bluetooth / USB game controllers
- Parrot FlyPad
- OSD controller with Gyro
3. Photo / Video supported
- Capturing and recording
- Viewer
4. Extra features supported
- Face tracking