Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Hi,

I published an Android app called aTelloPilot (another Tello Pilot).
Below features are supported.

Click WiKi page for the detailed explanation

1. Tello supported
2. Several controllers supported
- Bluetooth / USB game controllers
- Parrot FlyPad
- OSD controller with Gyro
3. Photo / Video supported
- Capturing and recording
- Viewer
4. Extra features supported
- Face tracking
- Head tracking
- Flight route and Position tracking
5. Tweaks supported
- ALT limit up to 30m
- Flight log saving

[Init Screen]
View attachment 820

[Full features]
- Distance, heading indicators are supported
- Stick trims supported
- Gyro control supported
View attachment 807

[Game controller button mapping]
- Bluetooth/USB game controllers are supported
- Bluetooth may interfere WiFi so broken images can be displayed frequently
- Buttons are mapped to function buttons of Controller Screen
View attachment 808

[FlyPad]
- Parrot FlyPad is supported
View attachment 812

[Head Tracking]
- Drone orientation is aligned with device orientation
- Drone rotates as you rotate
View attachment 809

[Flight Route and Position Tracking]
- Flight route is displayed on the screen
- If target position is set, drone will go there automatically
View attachment 810

[Face Tracking]
- Click a detected face to track, drone follows selected face
- If the face disappears, it stops tracking
View attachment 811

Any feedbacks are welcome.

Hi are you based in the UK’ I’m looking to hire a tello Android app designer for an event in London

i just bought it, and i miss the VR option, can you please concider to add it, just duplicate the video feed side by side, could it be so hard? :geek:
please!(y)

Still no plan for a free version? Would be neat.
no plan.. but you can refund it if you don't like it within 2 hours.
I think 2 hours will be enough to test..

Google Play refund policies
Refund policies are different depending on what you bought. Select a link for more information.

Note: If you don’t take reasonable steps to protect your account from unwanted purchases -- for example, you provided your account or payment details to someone else or didn’t protect your account with authentication -- we usually can’t issue a refund.

Apps & Games on Google Play
As a courtesy to our users, Google offers a full refund on apps and games purchased on the Play Store if the purchase is returned within 2 hours. You can only return an app or game once for a courtesy refund. For other refund requests related to apps and games on Google Play, please read below.

Reactions: Pollax
Hi,

In the next release, below features are enabled or improved.
  1. audio recording feature will be enabled (new)
    • Tello video stream + audio from device microphone for MP4 video format
  2. face tracking changes
    • yaw control instead of roll control
    • if you move left or right, Tello just turns its heading to focus you instead of moving left or right
  3. improved head free
    • even if you move or turn, while head free is enabled, it always works
  4. fix PS4 left stick issue
  5. route grid scale increase
new version will be released soon.
Hello bluejune ?
Can you please help what setting should i do...tried stick tune....to fix my control....
Because I can't control my tello... but I'm doing wrong maybe... can you please attach sample of profer setting of stick?

Stabilization also when starting up are not stable... Screenshot_2018-08-27-16-52-01-1589315196.pngtried to return back from tello... and stability are ok there..

I don't understand how's the stick tune work ? where is forward, backward,left, right..

So if you please kindly... just diagram of setting of stick tune..ill just copy your setting please!!!
Thanks advanced

Hello bluejune ?
Can you please help what setting should i do...tried stick tune....to fix my control....
Because I can't control my tello... but I'm doing wrong maybe... can you please attach sample of profer setting of stick?

Stabilization also when starting up are not stable... View attachment 1308tried to return back from tello... and stability are ok there..

I don't understand how's the stick tune work ? where is forward, backward,left, right..

So if you please kindly... just diagram of setting of stick tune..ill just copy your setting please!!!
Thanks advanced
Do you mean Tello is not hovering even though you don't touch the controller?
What direction is Tello going as soon as take-off?
With the attached screen, you didn't seem to touch the trims and they are all centered, right?

Actually trims can be adjusted if you touch the arrow keys,
- up/down arrow keys on left stick marker will adjust throttle trim.
- left/right arrow keys on left stick marker will adjust yaw trim.
- if you double click left stick marker, throttle and yaw trims will be reset

- up/down arrow keys on right stick marker will adjust pitch trim
- left/right arrow keys on right stick marker will adjust roll trim
- if you double click right stick marker, pitch and roll trims will be reset

Thanks.

Thanks
With the attached screen, you didn't seem to touch the trims and they are all centered, right?

Thanks bluejune, i actually move the stick tune but i don't understand what changing so i just returned it to middle each...
When tello takeoff it Hover awhile then go to my direction so im pushing back to avoid hitting me...then it goes right...im using only phone... having hard time to control the forward and right direction...
But thanks bluejune for responding fast...
I do experiment adjusting the stick tune...

Thanks.
So by default bluejune it was fixed on both middle! left and right control? right...so adjusting arrows will make what? Like if adjust faraway or near middle right,or left, up, down, sensitivity on that direction will go faster?and slower right?

Because i got some little control but the pushing direction of tello to me or right side are strong..im fighting back on that directions ?

A sample setting of stick tune please if ever possible.

So by default bluejune it was fixed on both middle! left and right control? right...so adjusting arrows will make what? Like if adjust faraway or near middle right,or left, up, down, sensitivity on that direction will go faster?and slower right?

Because i got some little control but the pushing direction of tello to me or right side are strong..im fighting back on that directions ?

A sample setting of stick tune please if ever possible.
I think you need to know the trimming.

Radio control trimming function.
rc-transmitter-trims.jpg

All rc transmitters, with the exception of the cheapest toy ones, have a function that allows you to 'trim' your aircraft while it is being flown.

Small trim sliders or buttons, also simply called trims, are located adjacent to each stick, one for each direction in which the stick moves. The trims can be analogue (as pictured right), in which case they are held in place with a simple ratchet system, or, more commonly, digital in which case they are small buttons.

Each trim has exactly the same effect as its parent stick, only to a much finer degree; essentially the trims fine tune the servo deflection of the aircraft and they are used to smooth out any unwanted tendencies of the aircraft in the air. The aim of trimming is to get your airplane flying as straight and level as possible with the main transmitter sticks in their central positions, and with no input from you.

It's quite normal to have to adjust the trims throughout each flying session, as outside factors can affect the aircraft's flight characteristics. But once the trims have been set, they can be left alone until the natural flight path of the aircraft changes and they have to be adjusted again.

In the aTelloPilot, they are useful if your game controller is not centered well or if you want constant moving to some directions without controlling as monty.roman did like this thread

Thanks.

Reactions: Zeno

rc-transmitter-trims.jpg

All rc transmitters, with the exception of the cheapest toy ones, have a function that allows you to 'trim' your aircraft while it is being flown.

Small trim sliders or buttons, also simply called trims, are located adjacent to each stick, one for each direction in which the stick moves. The trims can be analogue (as pictured right), in which case they are held in place with a simple ratchet system, or, more commonly, digital in which case they are small buttons.

Each trim has exactly the same effect as its parent stick, only to a much finer degree; essentially the trims fine tune the servo deflection of the aircraft and they are used to smooth out any unwanted tendencies of the aircraft in the air. The aim of trimming is to get your airplane flying as straight and level as possible with the main transmitter sticks in their central positions, and with no input from you.

It's quite normal to have to adjust the trims throughout each flying session, as outside factors can affect the aircraft's flight characteristics. But once the trims have been set, they can be left alone until the natural flight path of the aircraft changes and they have to be adjusted again.

In the aTelloPilot, they are useful if your game controller is not centered well or if you want constant moving to some directions without controlling as monty.roman did like this thread

Thanks.
Thanks bluejune i know now that trimming functions... sorry im being noob my 1st drone and never yet try with real controller..? im using phone...so what i noticed the circle of Atellopilot are little bit higher to control that's why i keep lossing my touch grip on right directional Controller ? if you're using Bluetooth controller this not a problem.but for phone user's kinda hard and need to adjust ? so I'll just use Atellopilot indoor..im scare using outdoor because of High positioning of on screen stick.... again thanks alot bluejune.
Screenshot_2018-08-27-20-01-57-1480517608.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-27-20-02-17-1221886811.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-27-20-02-17-1221886811.png
    354 KB · Views: 5

rc-transmitter-trims.jpg

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-27-20-02-17-1221886811.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-27-20-02-17-1221886811.png
    354 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2018-08-27-20-01-57-1480517608.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-27-20-01-57-1480517608.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 1
I find more..easy to grip, comfortable & relaxing.
the way of tello virtual stick position height.
Atellopilot virtual sticks just a little bit higher...im losing grip..?
Hopefully bluejune you will consider it.. adjusting the height..
Thanks alot again bluejune?

Hello everybody
I am new member and I've purchased your app. I opened the app and all worked . except the paper plane icon even I tap on the icon and I can't fly the drone with my phone. in the setting I chose the wifi of my tello may nothing happens No action
Nobody can help me Pls.
Best Regard

Hello everybody
I am new member and I've purchased your app. I opened the app and all worked . except the paper plane icon even I tap on the icon and I can't fly the drone with my phone. in the setting I chose the wifi of my tello may nothing happens No action
Nobody can help me Pls.
Best Regard
Hi.
Refer to this wiki
PingguSoft/aTelloPilot

Hello everybody
Nobody can help me Pls.
Best Regard
You need to be connected 1st... then 2nd time...you can open the paper icon even not connected...see the link of bluejune for much details

Are there any videos of showing of the tracking bit? Thats the part i want to try the most.

hi @bluejune
i cant click on the "controller" button, i mean, on the initial screen, i cant link with my tello (im in tello wifi)
what im missing?
im running your app on nvidia shield tablet with android 8.0

hello Bleujune
you can make a video that explains how to connect the tello ryze Pls.
I will be thankfull
thanks Sam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keri