Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

What exactly is an otg cable?
I own a HTC u11 Phone, which cable do I need? Sorry but I dont have any Knowledge about that...

Short USB female to usb micro male cable - USB female connects to your cabled controller, usb micro male to the charging port of your phone.

Short USB female to usb micro male cable - USB female connects to your cabled controller, usb micro male to the charging port of your phone.

EDIT : here is the adaptator for connect usb controller wire to the phone
usb-otg-android-cable.png

Last edited:
Hello, I'm a new user and was wondering if there will come a VR mode screen in the near future?
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hello,
Here is another request which would be great for me : Add possibility to use RC controller (like flysky FS-i6) plugged on otg.

It is possible, there is a good android drone simulator app called FPV Freerider which allows that using ingenious and simple calibration system (
).

Is there other pilot here who would have interest for that too ? (hope i am not alone :))

Last edited:
Settings - scan the controller
main screen - click the controller icon
I have done that a number of times, it never finds any devices. I also have a GameSir G3, can not find it either. I am sure it is something simple that I am not doing.

Hello,
Here is another request which would be great for me : Add possibility to use RC controller (like flysky FS-i6) plugged on otg.

It is possible, there is a good android drone simulator app called FPV Freerider which allows that using ingenious and simple calibration system (
).

Is there other pilot here who would have interest for that too ? (hope i am not alone :))

I like this simulator. I am interested.

Reactions: spamaro
Turn bluetooth off on your Android device.. no bluetooth transaction between device and controller will interfere nothing..
Actually the interference comes from 2.4GHz bt wifi combo on Android device.
Most device stop one of them while working so it causes the problem.

Ok.

Would it be possible to plug an OTG cable into my Gamesir T1d controller ?

In other words, is Gamesir T1d a dual wired / bluetooth controler ?

I'll test it by myself but unfortunatelly I'm not at home now.

Thanks a lot.

Reactions: adrianb
How is the video quality with the aTello app when flying only with the phone? Is it better than the original app?

I have the Gamesir T1d which seems to be recently supported. Can it work with cable connection so that it no longer generate frame skips in video due to bluetooth?

My phone is a Huawei P20 Pro with android 8.1 and video comes out very pixelated even with a wifi repeater and Tello at 5 meters from me. There are no frame skips when just controlling with the phone, just low resolution.

I have done that a number of times, it never finds any devices. I also have a GameSir G3, can not find it either. I am sure it is something simple that I am not doing.
Hi, in my case i use a T1S controller plugged on otg. In the setting, the scan detects nothing but the controller is working well in the app (i through the scan was for bluetooth controller only).
In your case, you are using wire too ? in the app, when you select joystick icon and the trim button near it, you have the trim displayed on the screen : when you move stick controller, nothing happens on the screen ?

Last edited:
Hi, in my case i use a T1S controller plugged on otg. In the setting, the scan detects nothing but the controller is working well in the app (i through the scan was for bluetooth controller only).
In your case, you are using wire too ? in the app, when you select joystick icon and the trim button near it, you have the trim display on the screen : when you move stick, nothing happens on the screen ?
I have tried it both ways, Bluetooth and OTG. I never get the Joystick Icon, the Trim Display shows no movement when I move the sticks on the controller.

Hello guys,
Can you give me advice for this problem with app, see attached
Flight feature cannot access

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-29-09-52-24-468_com.pinggusoft.aTelloPilot.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-29-09-52-24-468_com.pinggusoft.aTelloPilot.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 12
@bluejune Why is the video bitrate only 4000 kbps in aTello app instead of 7000 kbps in the original App? Is there a setting for higher quality video also? I am measuring with the media convertor app for android (see 3rd screenshot)

Screenshot_20180829-101616.jpgScreenshot_20180829-101529.jpgScreenshot_20180829-101729.jpg

Uhm....couldn't be that setting auto mode can go up 4mb instead have it fixed? ?

Hello guys,
Can you give me advice for this problem with app, see attached
Flight feature cannot access
Hi Zuko
I have the same problem as you, and it's been a week since I tried to connect it nothing to do, but all tello app works perfectly and the telo it connects perfectly with other android app.
I hope that someone will find a solution or a trick to connect to atellopilots.
thank you in advance.

Attachments

• TelloPilot.png
    TelloPilot.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid