Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Hello guys,
Can you give me advice for this problem with app, see attached
Flight feature cannot access
Can you check the wiki for settings?
PingguSoft/aTelloPilot
@bluejune Why is the video bitrate only 4000 kbps in aTello app instead of 7000 kbps in the original App? Is there a setting for higher quality video also? I am measuring with the media convertor app for android (see 3rd screenshot)

View attachment 1342View attachment 1343View attachment 1344
h.264 stream bitrate from Tello is up to 4Mbps.
Official Tello app seems to re-encode it to 10Mbps but I think it is useless.
h.264 stream is muxed into MP4 file on aTelloPilot without re-encoding..
Do you see the video quality differences?

Reactions: adrianb
Hi Zuko
I have the same problem as you, and it's been a week since I tried to connect it nothing to do, but all tello app works perfectly and the telo it connects perfectly with other android app.
I hope that someone will find a solution or a trick to connect to atellopilots.
thank you in advance.

So I'm the third person having this kind of problem.. Done everything step by step but still cannot connect with my Sony Xperia Z1. Help us please...

Tested the 0.5 Version Today with HTC u11
Face Tracking Works near Perfect. Only if I walk backwards it loose sometimes the Tracking. Right and Left Works well.

Return to Home Works well, better than I thought for a non-GPS-copter. Pretty Perfect.

Headless mode Works also verry well.

Target point dont Works. I studyed the Wiki and did as said, but the copter flys in directions I Never touched. I tried 10 times in different directions, but not One Time it flys in a direction I like. So I stoped trying because I dont want to Crash.

Im not Really sure, but it seems that the Image stabilisation dont work Sa well as before. Its always a bit Shaky, not that Smooth as with v0.4 or the original App.

The produced Video I can only Watch in VLC. The onboard Player dont Play the recorded Video.
I will do some more tests tomorrow.

Thank you, but this cable would Work. The ts1 dont has USB 2.0 Connection, like your picture Shows. Or is it hidden on the Controller? I only find Micro USB Port on ts1.
So can I use ANY Micro USB Cable (like my charging cable), or is it a special "OTG" cable???
Hi, i think you had a mini micro usb > usb cable provided with your controller ? The cable i show in the last picture (previous post) have to be use with the original cable, it has just to be considered as an adaptator (so you need the original cable plus that adaptator)
There is other possibility (better), it is to use a mini micro usb > Micro usb cable directly from the controller to the phone (just one cable).
I can send you picture of the 2 solutions if you want, i have the cables at home.

I am not sure you can use the charging usb cable. Sometimes, all the pins doesn't seem connected on that cable, and the data doesn't transit. But you can try...
Hope it helps you...

Last edited:
PingguSoft/aTelloPilot

Video quality seems the same. Sometimes the regular app has worse quality.
PingguSoft/aTelloPilot

I see better video quality from the aTello app. Now I am searching for a cheap controller to work on OTG with my Huawei P20 Pro, to avoid video skips from bluetooth interference.

Reactions: shambhu
Hi, i think you had a mini usb > usb cable provided with your controller ? The cable i show in the last picture have to be use with the original cable, it has just to be considered as an adaptator (so you need the original cable plus that adaptator)
There is other possibility (better), it is to use a mini usb > Micro usb cable directly from the controller to the phone (just one cable).
I can send you picture of the 2 solutions if you want, i have the cables at home.

[Edit] Picture of the second solution cable (better)
View attachment 1347

I am not sure you can use the charging usb cable. Sometimes, all the pins doesn't seem connected on that cable, and the data doesn't transit. But you can try...
Hope it helps you...
Thank you!!!
I ordered the ts1 yesterday at Amazon. I didnt realise that a Cable is included. Mini USB / Micro USB:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/615b0n14FVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So now I need a Cable as a bridge, right?
Can you eventually provide a link to this Cables/Bridges?
Edit:
This one?
https://www.amazon.de/System-S-Mini...SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=micro+usb+mini+usb

Im Really sorry, but I realy dont have any Knowledge about those Things??

Last edited:
Does this app work with a xbox360 clone controller? It's called "Speedlink Torid". When I try to use my controller with the octopus app, the right analog stick keeps "shaking".
Is there a trial version to test if it's working?

Thank you!!!
I ordered the ts1 yesterday at Amazon. I didnt realise that a Cable is included. Mini USB / Micro USB:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/615b0n14FVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So now I need a Cable as a bridge, right?
Can you eventually provide a link to this Cables/Bridges?
Edit:
This one?
https://www.amazon.de/System-S-Mini...SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=micro+usb+mini+usb

Im Really sorry, but I realy dont have any Knowledge about those Things??

Hi,

I realised i said you mistake before... Gamesir has micro usb and not mini usb, sorry, i am a little lost with that names... (i edited the previous post for fix that)

i have bought that cable :
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B076WX64RF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the pic of the connexion :

Gamesir.jpg

Last edited:
Is the wired Xbox 360 controller usable with the aTello app under android with an OTG cable? I have a Huawei P20 Pro and was wondering if I should buy the Xbox 360 controller for tello, to avoid bluetooth interference.

Yes, I had Bluetooth off.
No idea... :unsure:
Not sure at all, maybe full charge the controller or reset it (my t1s has small hole for that) but if your controller still working with other apps, i don't think it will fix that issue...
Is the android led on your controller turn on when you plug it on the phone ?
have you tryed aTello app from Krag ? is it working with ? (aTello (Android) Development Thread)

Last edited:
No idea... :unsure:
Not sure at all, maybe full charge the controller or reset it (my t1s has small hole for that) but if your controller still working with other apps, i don't think it will fix that issue...
Is the android led on your controller turn on when you plug it on the phone ?
have you tryed aTello app from Krag ? is it working with ? (aTello (Android) Development Thread)
No, the Android Led does not turn on when I plug it in to the phone. I just downloaded the aTello app, can not get it to work with it either. I am going to look for another cable. Will report back later. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reactions: adrianb
@bluejune any chance that you can include my other phone to work with your app? It's stock and running Android 4.4.2

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-30-08-14-16.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-30-08-14-16.png
    275 KB · Views: 12

Same in my case, the Settings recognize my GameSir T1d controller, but the app does not, tried click-ing the flypad button several times. However when I connect my Xbox One controller via bluetooth, it is recognized by the app immediately and works, but it interferes a lot with the video feed, freezing the screen all the time.

I bought an OTG cable for my huawei p20 pro and I am currently searching for what type of controller to buy to make it work with this app, to get both stick controlls and good video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted