Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Atello Pilot app vs VolaTello Pilot (TelloFPV) app

skynets

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been using the Atello Pilot app since I bought my Tello last year. Great app to extend the ability of the Tello.
I recently saw another good review on VolaTello (TelloFPV) app which I was going to purchase and try.

The recent updates on Atello Pilot app seems to have add and matched all the functions of the VolaTello app.

Anyone who have experience with both can share some feedback before I click the purchase button.

Thanks.

Tellofpv has a free demo so you can try it and compare the two for yourself.

I bought aTellopilot last year but haven't used it since I started following the development of Tellofpv... that was fun but has plateaued for me. The latest version has more features than I want, and I may even revert to my backup of 1.09. I hand launch 99% of the time and don't like where the button was moved to on later versions.

bluejune dropped the update to aTelloPilot at just the right time... heading over to download it right now.

For the cost of a hamburger you can add hours of fun and tons of new features having both apps.

I have paid versions of both and prefer tello fpv app. Atello app in newest update have a tendency to close itself once you start video recording. And face and object tracking work but only until video freezes and you must then react quickly not to end up in a tree or in my case electric fence. I think it has way too much functions and navigation between functions are a nightmare. The tello fpv app is my go to when flying the tello and every update surprise you with something new. I hardly look at the phone anymore because it's is simply a much easier layout to master and the important functions are always quick to access.

Tellofpv has a free demo so you can try it and compare the two for yourself.

I bought aTellopilot last year but haven't used it since I started following the development of Tellofpv... that was fun but has plateaued for me. The latest version has more features than I want, and I may even revert to my backup of 1.09. I hand launch 99% of the time and don't like where the button was moved to on later versions.

bluejune dropped the update to aTelloPilot at just the right time... heading over to download it right now.
Oh, sorry to hear that. I know its a bit nasty to change an existing and proven layout, but I had to make room for some new features.

just curious: what's wrong with the new button for "handland"? For me its easier to long press the larger central button than to short press a tiny one

I only noticed the omission of the hand land button a few days ago. So I landed on the top of a toolbox and after a quick study learned that all landing and take off functions can now be accessed with one button. It was during my lunch break on a movie set in a forest resembling the Congo and suddenly the whole film crew swarmed me and the one thing everybody liked was the app and how stable and easy the tello was to operate. They then helped me connect it to their repeaters which covers a huge area and it was the first time I flew the tello out of line of sight and higher than 10 meters. The drone operator himself had a ball and those guys can fly!!. I think a few tellos are going to be sold after that as well as the tello fpv app.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I just bought it now. Will test it over the weekend. I am pretty sure it is going to be an impressive experience.

just curious: what's wrong with the new button for "handland"? For me its easier to long press the larger central button than to short press a tiny one

Nothing wrong with it really, just something I'll have to get used to.

Handland is easy enough with both hands on the phone when long pressing the button... then just hold out my left hand and it lands in my palm.

Long pressing to hand launch is more difficult, having to handle the phone with one hand. With Tello sitting on the open palm of my left hand, press the hand takeoff button and when the motors arm just drop my hand straight down and the Tello hovers in place.

More than once I've accidentally short pressed and the Tello launches immediately - right into the ceiling.

I just need to work on my launch technique.

Nothing wrong with it really, just something I'll have to get used to.

Handland is easy enough with both hands on the phone when long pressing the button... then just hold out my left hand and it lands in my palm.

Long pressing to hand launch is more difficult, having to handle the phone with one hand. With Tello sitting on the open palm of my left hand, press the hand takeoff button and when the motors arm just drop my hand straight down and the Tello hovers in place.

More than once I've accidentally short pressed and the Tello launches immediately - right into the ceiling.

I just need to work on my launch technique.
Thanks for the feedback. I never had the accidental short press problem, but I have a relatively small phone so maybe easier to handle.

Maybe I can bring that button back. I have re-arranged a couple of things (again) as I grouped functions a bit more logical, and realistically I can't add a new button for every new autopilot.
But I think I'm highjacking this thread a bit. Srry

Maybe I can bring that button back. I have re-arranged a couple of things (again)

Please don't feel like you have to rearrange or change anything because of a small glitch I have with the app... I can adapt.

@skynets -sorry for the hijack, I see you went ahead and bought TelloFPV, congratulations! Like the rest of us, you'll love it!

Hello guys ..first time here. I got a problem with my pixel 3xl (i thing is for the notch) the buttons are unclickable in settings, when y try to click one, i get back to the main screen...
I'm in beta let me know if i can do anything to help you to fix this!

Thanks!!!

Play with the notch settings, i think you need to always activate the notch for tellofpv.

Next release should hopefully fix this.

Or donate that buggy phone and buy some good old solid nexus 5 :)

Reactions: lupus2k
Play with the notch settings, i think you need to always activate the notch for tellofpv.

Next release should hopefully fix this.

Or donate that buggy phone and buy some good old solid nexus 5 :)

You fixed the notch bug on the new version!!!

Thanks!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv