Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Battery not fully charging

Chrislaf

Reaction score
How long is the warranty on Tello batteries? I have 3 batteries that came in the boost package When I got my Tello just before Christmas. Went to charge one in the 3 battery charger that came with the boost kit. It gave me a red light on charger after a period of time. Tried again and same thing. Put in Tello and it had a charge that lasted a couple of minutes at most. Put back in charger and remained at charging stage (flashing green light) for hours and hours before giving a red light again. Is the battery toast? If so sure didn’t last long. Can it be replaced under warrantee?

Chris

Have you tried charging the "diffettosa" battery directly on the Tello? it could also be the UHB charger on the panel that has a defective port ...
I also have this original Dji charger with 3 charging outputs, which charges one battery at a time, starting with the one with a higher voltage than the others. have you tried to insert the "diffettosa" battery in the charger trying all three outputs?

Use a micro usb charger (from a Smartphone) with at least 2 Amps and a charging cable suitable for the 2 A power supply of these HUBs is very important. requires incoming = 5 Volt 3 Amp Max.

Let's talk about this charger right?

Senza-titolo-1-6.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried charging the "diffettosa" battery directly on the Tello? it could also be the UHB charger on the panel that has a defective port ...
I also have this original Dji charger with 3 charging outputs, which charges one battery at a time, starting with the one with a higher voltage than the others. have you tried to insert the "diffettosa" battery in the charger trying all three outputs?

Use a micro usb charger (from a Smartphone) with at least 2 Amps and a charging cable suitable for the 2 A power supply of these HUBs is very important. requires incoming = 5 Volt 3 Amp Max.

Let's talk about this charger right?

View attachment 3732

Thanks for your reply. I have tried all three ports on the charger. I’ll try changing the cord and see if that works - maybe it went bad. I’ll also try in the Tello.

Chris

Reactions: Flydrone
Well today I tried charging the battery in the hub but used the USB power block from my Spark instead of the dual port generic USB one I had been using and it charged up to a solid green light. Haven’t had a chance to try it in the Tello yet to see if it charged fully. I’ll try tomorrow.

If you have the chance, you can try using a multimeter to check the battery voltage at the end of the charge ...
From pin 1 positive and pin 3 negative, about 4.35 volts should be read.

If you have the chance, you can try using a multimeter to check the battery voltage at the end of the charge ...
From pin 1 positive and pin 3 negative, about 4.35 volts should be read.

View attachment 3741
Don't have a multimeter but I flew the battery today and I got over 9 minutes of flight time, so it seems it is working again. It's currently charging so hopefully it is ok and I won't have to purchase anther one.

Chris

Reactions: Flydrone
the problem was certainly the charger's power system ..
Yes that’s weird. The power block still charges other things like the portable charger I use for my Xiaomi WiFi extender.

The battery had now charged up no problem.

Chris

strange ... so with that power supply I can't power the Tello charger, but quietly loads the power bank?

Basically I read the manual, and if the LED's are blinking red then there is a voltage issue from the power source where you are charging the batteries from. However if they are solid red then that means your batteries are toast.

How long is the warranty on Tello batteries? I have 3 batteries that came in the boost package When I got my Tello just before Christmas. Went to charge one in the 3 battery charger that came with the boost kit. It gave me a red light on charger after a period of time. Tried again and same thing. Put in Tello and it had a charge that lasted a couple of minutes at most. Put back in charger and remained at charging stage (flashing green light) for hours and hours before giving a red light again. Is the battery toast? If so sure didn’t last long. Can it be replaced under warrantee?

Chris
Basically I read the manual and if the lights are blinking red then there is a voltage issue from the power source. However if it is solid red then that means your batteries are toast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv