Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Brand New -Fly Away :)

jedpause

Reaction score
So just got my Tello today... configured Gamesir T1d (new today) - upgraded firmware... calibrated IMU and everything that allowed me to calibrate...

Flew in the garden, windy... Tello started very very stable... very responsive, full WiFi bars.... took it up also great responsiveness

Then all of a sardine, it starts moving forward on its own, 3/4 bars still, video showing, tried reversing, going up , anything to avoid missing my neighbours house... and bam it land on the chimney.... I still had video feed, ... tried taking off, nothing...disconnected, and restarted everything, took off from top of chimney, but it was an awkward angle to start with, so fell and bounced off the gutter onto the ground... landed in neighbours garden... and now I know who my neighbour is :)

Recharging now and will try in a giant park next to me next time.... it was only 4m up when it got a mind of it's own.... Frustrating... was recording video but because it was a new app install, I had not allowed save to SD card yet :( otherwiese I could show my epic crash... nothing saved....

Tello is 100% OK, no damage visible, hardy little buggers :)

Good that you got it back haha
If it starts to fly away I always try to quickly put it in fast mode and it battles wind easier

Reactions: Doug D
Good that you got it back haha
If it starts to fly away I always try to quickly put it in fast mode and it battles wind easier

Thanks, now I know, took it to the park, very windy by was able to keep it under control fully in Fast mode

Reactions: Robfez29

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843