Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Brushed motors life expectancy (now with answer from Ryze)

Hey guys,

Benedikt here, Im the owner of Micro Motor Warehouse.
I appreciate the links to and the discussion about my products.

Just wanted to drop my two cents in regards to life time expectancy.
I focus on the production of coreless motors for the last 5 years.
A lifetime of 40 hours would be absolutely spectacular. In *all* coreless motors I have produced and/or tested, performance and reliability starts to decrease after 10 hours maximum.

Hi benedikt, a few years ago I got some spare highpower motors for my latrax alias from you that I havent used yet .. will those work in the tello?

Hi benedikt, a few years ago I got some spare highpower motors for my latrax alias from you that I havent used yet .. will those work in the tello?

Hey Splicer, good to see you again ;)

We are making two motors for the Alias, 0820-15-11T, and 0820-17-11T.
The -15 motors have the same specs like the motors we are selling for the Tello, just different plug and longer wires. If you can connect them (soldering, or fitting your own plugs), they will work just as the original Tello motors.
If you have the -17 motors (darker housing, more speed), you will probably get less flight time, and the Tello flight controller might get confused. I tried it, and the Tello kept hitting the ceiling in my workshop. I didnt try it outside..

So be careful if you have the 17.000Kv motors!
If you are not sure, message me at [email protected] from the email address you used to order, and I will tell you what motors you purchased.

Yeah I remember the black specials :), I have the -15 ones. Are the wire colors like in your video?

Thanks for getting back so quickly! !

Yes, wire colors are the same.
So what you have are exactly the same spec motors, just different wire length and plugs.

Could you please respond to the question about why you didn't just get a warranty replacement? I admire your technical attempts but wonder why you didn't take the easier option and return it for a new one.

Is this an option to return it for a new one? I had one motor crap out as well, but I have had my Tello for several months and have a lot of use out of it. Someone commented earlier that someone could never fly the tello one hour per day for forty days. My son and I love this drone so much that I think that between the 2 of us we smashed that. Does the warranty work off of use or flight time? Either way I'm sucky at soldering and from the looks of my undressed tello it looks like replacing the motors requires some skill to replace the motors so I would prefer to return it for a new one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv