Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Controller - compatible controllers

Just got my Tello and SteelSeries Nimbus from WalMart today. Works perfectly, however I use a small tripod for the iPad mini4. I agree even on "slow" flight speed the sticks are overly sensitive.

Jake

All working controllers (Gamevice,Nimbus, etc....) seem to be only compatible with apple devices. Does anyone know if a controller does actually works with Android ? (as many guys around here I returned my freshly bought Gamesir T1 to the store...)

Finally got to test my MOGA Ace Power controller. Works perfectly! If anyone has an iPhone 5 to iPhone SE, you should get this controller. You can find it super cheap. Works the same as the Gamevice since it connects via Lightning port. Some Bluetooth controllers seem to have a bit of latency, but having a direct physical connection really feels like there's zero lag. All the buttons do what they should and it can even charge your phone! I got it for $11 on eBay brand new. You might be able to find it cheaper.

Hey there! I have a spare iPhone 5. This sounds very cool because I do not want to spend 50+ euros for a drone that costs 109 euros, so I am in.

Can you please share if you can take photos/take off/land from the controller itself? What about the little joysticks? Are they any good?

Thanks

Hey there! I have a spare iPhone 5. This sounds very cool because I do not want to spend 50+ euros for a drone that costs 109 euros, so I am in.

Can you please share if you can take photos/take off/land from the controller itself? What about the little joysticks? Are they any good?

Thanks

Yes all functions work. R2+Y for take off, R1 for picture, L1 for Video, the joysticks are comparable to Nintendo DS joysticks. They travel flat as opposed to most that travel on a radius. Very easy to control the drone without having to look down for the virtual joysticks.

Yes all functions work. R2+Y for take off, R1 for picture, L1 for Video, the joysticks are comparable to Nintendo DS joysticks. They travel flat as opposed to most that travel on a radius. Very easy to control the drone without having to look down for the virtual joysticks.

Hey there! I’m not sure I understood what you said about the joysticks. Can you please elaborate?

Hey there! I’m not sure I understood what you said about the joysticks. Can you please elaborate?

If you have ever held a console controller for xbox or playstation you will have noticed that the joysticks are what appears to be a ball. and this ball rotates as you move the stick. on the MOGA controller the sticks are not on a 'ball' but on a flat surface. So instead of 'rolling' as you move the joystick, it 'slides'..
It isn't a big deal for me and since the actual feel is not bad, and there's just enough resistance when operating them that they don't feel cheap. I would recommend this controller to anyone with an iPhone 5 to SE body style.

Reactions: trelo
If you have ever held a console controller for xbox or playstation you will have noticed that the joysticks are what appears to be a ball. and this ball rotates as you move the stick. on the MOGA controller the sticks are not on a 'ball' but on a flat surface. So instead of 'rolling' as you move the joystick, it 'slides'..
It isn't a big deal for me and since the actual feel is not bad, and there's just enough resistance when operating them that they don't feel cheap. I would recommend this controller to anyone with an iPhone 5 to SE body style.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I own a Horipad Ultimate that I used with my ios devices and retropi game console emulator. I connected it to my iPhone and it was immediately recognized when I opened the Tello app. The settings in the app laid out the controller configuration. The controller works well controlling the drone, but be aware I did not see a game clip or anything of the sort for mounting your phone to the controller.

ive posted this on another controller thread but if you have a ps4 controller (bluetooth) you can use an app such as "octopus" as a virtual keyboard then assign where your fingers go on the screen to the controller buttons and joysticks. The only thing i cant do is the swipe to takeoff but it still serves its safety purpose. There may be a better app but this is free. Its for android but you may have somthing similar for ios.in a good wifi enviroment i do not really notice a lag

So I have been working with the gamesir t1d for a few days and have had mixed results. On a galaxy s7, it works. Seems to be a very specific order of connection though. T1d on, s7 bluetooth on, drone on, open app, go to bluetooth settings and double tap gamesir device (if present). Works for awhile but sometimes it just drops randomly. Not confident yet it will be reliable in the field.

So I have been working with the gamesir t1d for a few days and have had mixed results. On a galaxy s7, it works. Seems to be a very specific order of connection though. T1d on, s7 bluetooth on, drone on, open app, go to bluetooth settings and double tap gamesir device (if present). Works for awhile but sometimes it just drops randomly. Not confident yet it will be reliable in the field.
I did the latest firmware update and it seems to do much better. Need to go thru a few more batteries to see if I'm happy, but did not have any bluetooth drop outs on the s7.

I guess no news on an Android compatible controller?

The T1d on the DJI site say’s

Specifications
Supporting Platform: ios7.0+, Android 4.0+
Bluetooth Version: BLE4.0
Charging Voltage: 3.7V-5.2V
Working Temperature: 0°C-40°C
Working Humidity: 20-80%
Working Distance: 7M
Battery Capacity: 600MA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics