Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Do the DJI firmware options continue when I run my sample program?

Austin Sauls

Reaction score
Can I run my sample program, but still perform the DJI firmware option of Bounce, 8d Flips, and etc?

While Tello drone is a piece of drone hardware, it also contains DJI firmware. Now, DJI firmware also retains the basic instructions for the Tello hardware. DJI has written great firmware which has options of Bounce modes, 8D Flips, Throw & Go, and many more.

I do not want to lose the DJI firmware that is on the Tello drone. So if I write some (Python and SDK 2.0) software and load this sample program into my Tello drone, does this sample program destroy the presently existing DJI firmware.

Can I run my sample program, but still perform the DJI firmware option of Bounce, 8d Flips, and etc?

Thank you for your answer. When reading documents in Tello, they never stated that we were writing software that would communicate with the DJI firmware. Thank you for clarifying that the SDK software works with DJI firmware and does not communicate with the Tello hardware and does not destroy the DJI firmware. Thank you for providing me with an answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode