Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Loosing signal with Xaiomi wi-fi extender.

cometman

Reaction score
I was flying my Tello yesterday with the Xaiomi wi-fi extender. Everything is connected OK but I lost the signal twice. ATelloPilot app showed a good wi-fi strength. Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

When you were flying and lost signal, how far away were you? How far were the wifi repeater from you? Were you doing 360 turns with your drone?

Range affects the wifi signal. You must consider that there are other wifi broadcasts around you that will interfere with your signal.

If you are right next to the wifi repeater, the signal will not be as strong as if you place your wifi repeater some 3-5 meters from you.

When you are turning in YAW axis, the antennas that are broadcasting the signal in the Tello switching between antennas and if you are to far away, you may lose signal momentarily.

Almost forgot. Sometimes if you still have your Tello wifi remembered by your phone. It will drop the repeater's signal in favor to the Tellos, causing it to shorten the range and have what you experienced.

Thanks for your reply. I think having my Tello address still in my phone may have been the problem. Every time I start up the Tello with the Xaiomi I get both the "Tello" and the "Tello_plus" network on my phone and it looks like they compete for eachother. I probably should tell it to forget the Tello. I'll also try keeping the extender further away.

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks for your reply. I think having my Tello address still in my phone may have been the problem. Every time I start up the Tello with the Xaiomi I get both the "Tello" and the "Tello_plus" network on my phone and it looks like they compete for eachother. I probably should tell it to forget the Tello. I'll also try keeping the extender further away.
If you have signal but just lose control midflight then I don't think wifi competition in your phone is the cause. I have that do occasionally, no idea why. But the fighting wifi addresses in your phone problem, fix it by turning on tello at the very last. That way your phone will connect to extender signal first. Also turning on tello last has the benefit of letting it use a less noisy wifi channel (it does the selection on boot up).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv