Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Meross Users—help...please?

Walleye

Reaction score
I was able to find a Meross wifi extender and set it up. It truly was very easy—2-3 minutes. My problem is after 10-12 seconds I lose wifi connection with the Meross. Using new Galaxy S9, fully charged battery pack and Meross connects without a problem. It just drops connectivity after 10-12 seconds. I’ve reset it and did the set up several times with same results. I’m wondering if there’s something not set correctly on my phone? I’ve tried it with Bluetooth on and off with similar disconnecting results. Tello battery fully charged as well. I also checked with Meross and there isn’t any firmware update. Any ideas appreciated.

Last edited:
I was able to find a Meross wifi extender and set it up. It truly was very easy—2-3 minutes. My problem is after 10-12 seconds I lose wifi connection with the Meross. Using new Galaxy S9, fully charged battery pack and Meross connects without a problem. It just drops connectivity after 10-12 seconds. I’ve reset it and did the set up several times with same results. I’m wondering if there’s something not set correctly on my phone? I’ve tried it with Bluetooth on and off with similar disconnecting results. Tello battery fully charged as well. I also checked with Meross and there isn’t any firmware update. Any ideas appreciated.
I have the same problem, not only with the Meross, but with the xiaomi as well. I've given up on using them.
I really like the Tello, but I hate the frame skipping. If I could fix that problem without an extender, I would be a happy camper. The controller doesn't help either. I could even live without extending the range.
I am on the lookout for a quadcopter that is reasonably priced and doesn't have that problem. The Microdrone 4.0 sounds promising, but I am leery that the hype doesn't match reality.
Maybe Ryze/DJI can somehow come up with a solution?!
If anyone has another solution, please post.

a faulty repeater? Try connecting with your laptop? Find out if it is phone or the repeater.

Today's phones aggressively look for a connection that has internet connectivity, and will auto switch from a connection that does not have internet to one that does.

You might try to 'forget' the other Wi-Fi's or AP's you've connected to in the past

and will auto switch from a connection that does not have internet to one that does.
In this case, the phone would also skip the connetction to the Tello, wouldn't it?

@Walleye: Is there any other wifi hotspot nearby? Does your phone connect to an internet-hotspot when it skips the connection to the repeater?

In this case, the phone would also skip the connetction to the Tello, wouldn't it?

@Walleye: Is there any other wifi hotspot nearby? Does your phone connect to an internet-hotspot when it skips the connection to the repeater?
I live in an urban environment and neighbors on both sides have computers and wifi as well as city wide wifi and Xfinity. When the Meross drops I still have connection to the Tello wifi. I use a Gamesir so not sure what my phone is doing but probably still connected to Tello wifi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv