Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My tello propeller guard makes contact with one of the propellers.

Gadicarv

Reaction score
So this is a problem i found a long time ago, then i stopped using my tello because of the quarantine and i did not want to go outside, yesterday i decided to use my tello again and i found that problem again. One of the propeller guards makes contact with one of the propellers and that makes a weird sound when i use it, sometimes the propeller guard is so close that the propeller can't even move. Can someone help me with something i can do to fix that?

Here are some photos:

Attachments

• 20200731_205340.jpg
    20200731_205340.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200731_204620.jpg
    20200731_204620.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200731_204731.jpg
    20200731_204731.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200731_204626.jpg
    20200731_204626.jpg
    761.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
surely either the badly installed para-propeller or the engine has been pushed too low in its seat, or a deformation of the same protection .. I recommend checking and replacing the propeller if damaged.?

Reactions: Gadicarv
Gently push the protector down and hold it there for a moment until it stops rubbing. The material tolerates that, I've done it many times.

So this is a problem i found a long time ago, then i stopped using my tello because of the quarantine and i did not want to go outside, yesterday i decided to use my tello again and i found that problem again. One of the propeller guards makes contact with one of the propellers and that makes a weird sound when i use it, sometimes the propeller guard is so close that the propeller can't even move. Can someone help me with something i can do to fix that?

Here are some photos
Hello Mate. Checking your pictures, You have To check the distance from the plastic base of the propeller drone up to the top of the base of the propeller without the propeller guard (only the motor vertical nickel distance). I measured my Tello and is around 1.4 cm or 1.5 cm vertical distance (attach picture) with that distance will be enough free distance to don’t touch the propeller guard. If you change your motors, you will need to check this installation. Also I measured the distance with the propeller guard installed (now from the propeller guard up base) vertical distance up to base of the motor and shows around 1cm or 1.1cm
Change your entire propeller set (4) with new ones to optimize your flight. Also if you want, change your propeller guard too. If you can‘t find it or if you cant buy a new set of propeller guard, try to heat the base of the propeller guard and try open more the arc base of them to don’t touch the propellers of the drone. (In case the motors high measurement are right). Fly safe and keep safe !!!

Attachments

• 96444ACE-C7FF-49D1-B976-981AD35BEA70.jpeg
    96444ACE-C7FF-49D1-B976-981AD35BEA70.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Gently push the protector down and hold it there for a moment until it stops rubbing. The material tolerates that, I've done it many times.
Exactly. Easy fix.

I hold the propeller guard tightly where it attaches to the motor mount, and push downward on the outside lip of the guard, bending it down. Works every time.

To the OP: If your propeller is damaged, better to replace it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv