Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Wow...
Do you publish these record flights on YT?

@volate!lo , for sure, I published full video at YouTube and into this forum. See here:

Xiaomi WIFI repeater external antennas mod

Remarked TelloFPV app used for this flight ;)

I loved the way your RTH feature pointed towards takeoff point when I ran into video troubles. It's amazing HOME point only drifted a few meters after a so long flight.

By the way, TelloFPV video settings were Birate AUTO and iframe 1 second.

cheers.

Last edited:
@volate!lo , for sure, I published full video at YouTube and into this forum. See here:

Xiaomi WIFI repeater external antennas mod

Remarked TelloFPV app used for this flight ;)

I loved the way your RTH feature pointed towards takeoff point when I ran into video troubles. It's amazing HOME point only drifted a few meters after a so long flight.

By the way, TelloFPV video settings were Birate AUTO and iframe 1 second.

cheers.
Congratulations !!
Next time set bitrate to 1Mb and maybe I will add another iFrame period just for you...

Reactions: raulvolador
My tello reached the distance of 1,200 miles away this week !!!

Note: we forgot it on the back of the work truck after a long days work and it ended up down in Florida by the ocean.......

Note: they are shipping it back to me today because i could not get the RTH to work from that far away.....ROFLMAO ?
Next time ask Raul for his wifi extender. Should work well.

Question: my pics. are coming out grey. Any way to fix this? Video is great.

Question: my pics. are coming out grey. Any way to fix this? Video is great.

Pics are always generated onboard by Tello. They are transferred as files to the phone. TelloFpv does no modification to these files, except:
under photo settings there are options to re-encode the files (mostly to fix a JPG header error that Tello creates) or to convert them to PNG.

If you haven't activate any of these two options then this is what Tello creates. If pics are really grey (black and white vs color) something is wrong with your tello.

Is there a Way to store Pictures and Videos on SD card?
Its not my Idea, but I like the Idea, because my Phone dont have that much Memory Space.

Its not my Idea, but I like the Idea, because my Phone dont have that much Memory Space.
In theory it's possible, but require complicated hardware|firmware modification of the drone.

I think he is asking for storing on the phone's SD card instead of internal memory.

Depends on the Android version and/or device mfg.

My Fire 7 tablet (Android 5.x) and Samsung S5 phone (6.0.1) store photos and vids in their respective folders in the DCIM folder only on the native storage... I haven't found a way to change it to SD card.

Huawei tablet (7.0) can be changed to store on the SD card... in Settings --> Memory and storage -->Default location

Depends on the Android version and/or device mfg.

My Fire 7 tablet (Android 5.x) and Samsung S5 phone (6.0.1) store photos and vids in their respective folders in the DCIM folder only on the native storage... I haven't found a way to change it to SD card.

Huawei tablet (7.0) can be changed to store on the SD card... in Settings --> Memory and storage -->Default location

Correct!

TelloFpv uses the whatever the hosting Android return when asked for the default DCIM directory.

Some manufacturers allow to move this standard direcotry. Others don't.

right now "0" is the direction when the drone was powered on.
Powered up facing north, then travelling sideways to east, the direction would be "90".

A curiosity, if the drone takes off pointing to NORTH "0" and lands to the SOUTH (but turned to the north) on the register what I read? "0" or "180"

another nit-pick? Just noticed that --

After Tello disconnects, app message says:
"Is phone in flight mode?"

Would be more clear if:
"Is phone {or device?} in Airplane mode?"

'flight mode' = possibly to fly Tello? possibly confusing?
'Airplane mode' = commonly used Android term for turning off all radios/transceivers

Thanks again for this app!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erdemekinci