Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Tested all features on previous beta, everything is working fine! Reached 30 meters of altitude without streaming problems or signal loss and was able to reach a distance of 223 meters with wifi extender, then wifi interference warning started to appear but i'm happy with the results. Just tested latest beta indoors, no problems there either. To me the only improvements I would like to see are:
D pad mapping;
Having the hability to take pictures without stopping video recording;
While in fast mode and preforming AP functions like circle me or 360, tello should return to fast mode when AP functions end;
Tracking or at least facetracking, that would be cool!
Its a great app!
Using Honor 8 Pro phone & Xiaomi wifi repeater v.2
DPad will come after VR (its part of this nasty controller mapping renovation)
Photos can't be taken while in video mode. I tried that but Tello ignores the command. I could record while in photo mode, but that mode has an unstabilized 4:3 stream format. Ugly.
The APs you listed are Tello's internal flight modes and not under my control. Not much I can do about it, but I'll check.
Facetracking: Please try aTelloPilot and see if you would use it. I mean use in a real world scenario, not for a 2 minutes fun experiment. TelloFpv tries to be useful, not a bunch of half-ready ideas and experiments.

DPad will come after VR (its part of this nasty controller mapping renovation)
Photos can't be taken while in video mode. I tried that but Tello ignores the command. I could record while in photo mode, but that mode has an unstabilized 4:3 stream format. Ugly.
The APs you listed are Tello's internal flight modes and not under my control. Not much I can do about it, but I'll check.
Facetracking: Please try aTelloPilot and see if you would use it. I mean use in a real world scenario, not for a 2 minutes fun experiment. TelloFpv tries to be useful, not a bunch of half-ready ideas and experiments.

You are right i did try atellopilot's facetracking and it is to slow.

Isnt it the same?

No. If your phone loses wifi connection, its a matter of the phone and Tello. How could a program do anything about it?

If the wifi connection between phone and Tello is OK (that is, Android wifi screens say its still connected to Tello) but there is not connection from TelloFpv to Tello then it's an issue of TelloFpv (not necessarily but lets keep it simple).

If you add a wifi extender in between, it gets harder to find the culprit. Because the phone may report a valid wifi connection to the extender (so you think the App has a problem) while the extender possibly lost the link to Tello. Again nothing an app can do to identify or solve this.

Exactly. I play with these functions in atelloPilot from time to time because its fun. But useful? Reliable? not so much.
IF (!!!) Face Tracking would be Working(faster and in all direction) it could be verry usefull. Always remember, its a selfie drone. Anyway, its not Working well.

IF (!!!) Face Tracking would be Working(faster and in all direction) it could be verry usefull. Always remember, its a selfie drone. Anyway, its not Working well.
This IF is the problem.
But it doesn't and it most likely never will. You'd need a better camera stream, and stabilized video also in photo mode.

0.98z is out, its a bugfix for 0.98 so features stay the same

New features
------------
* Arm Motors can be mapped to controller button
* Temperature threshold for overheat warning
* RTH will not switch from sportmode into videomode (risk of driftaway in strong winds)

Fixed issues
------------
* Potential loss of control over drone after controller disconnect (when settings were used inflight)
* Controller Tuning now shows current stick position in both modes
* Settings screens blank

If I purchase the tellofpv app will I have reconfigure my wi-fi repeater?

Thanks. I want to get a t1 controller first and then check it with the demo app...

Any problems with 0.98z?
Not tested... Just looking through... Noticed a typo:
d8402bbb510fbe4bf06a722626d48577.jpg

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Any problems with 0.98z?
Unfortunately it's dark outside, so no real testing possible & the weather forecast for the next days is quite bleak as well. Fiddling around with the menus gave the impression video throughput will not be remembered - when I turn it to auto, next time I start TelloFPV it got some random value - mostly 2 or 3 mbit/s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel