Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New to drones & need some help

madrus

Reaction score
Hi one & all. Bought this little Tello from a mate who updated to bigger drone a few months back, flew it a bit, them put it away. dug it out yesterday, flew it for a couple of minutes, battery was showing one bar on the screen. Plugged it in to charge, just get a red pulse & no charge.
Thought the battery is probably shot, so bought a new one same deal.
Got onto tech help, did the dance, battery in & out, tried 4 different phone chargers (which have worked in the past) still no good Unistalled the app, reinstalled the app, upgraded the firmware.:oops:
Went back to the shop & exchanged the new battery for another new one (in case I had a dud) Same deal :rolleyes: What now please ?

Are you charging with the battery in the Tello using a usb cable, or using the battery charger? Try both and report back.

Reactions: madrus
So the problem is you cannot charge the battery in the Tello?

"Plugged it in to charge, just get a red pulse & no charge. "
"tried 4 different phone chargers (which have worked in the past) still no good "

First thing you can try:
Check whether those 4 different phone chargers are match or similar to the recommended USB charger based on the user manual:
Always use an FCC/CE (depending on location) certified USB adapter that is rated at 5V and 1.5 A or above

1552749633619.png

Second thing:
Get the Tello battery charger device, like this one for example:

Third:
Bring your Tello to the DJI Service center or store in your country, let them check what is the real problem.

Reactions: madrus
The constant red light is not a good sign :sneaky: No point spending anymore money! Just keep it for spare parts & see what deal I can get on a new one :(

Last edited:
Well surprise surprise, the bloke I bought this drone from swung by today for a visit, 2 hours after I found & purchased another used one with extra batteries & a 3 pack charger this morning :ROFLMAO:. Flying the new one I told him of the issue of his ex drone, with the red light & suppossodly being "dead in the water". He then showed me on the "settings" how to re calibrate the unit & promptly had it flying once more. :)
A pity no one on here could have mentioned anything about troubleshooting or recalibrating etc, only "send back to the manufacturer" ! Now I have 2 drones :rolleyes:

So no one knew about trying that. Now we’ve learned something else to try. If you don’t want two sell one.

you described an unrelated "not charging" error. Not sure how a calibration can help there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode