Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New to drones & need some help

madrus

Reaction score
Hi one & all. Bought this little Tello from a mate who updated to bigger drone a few months back, flew it a bit, them put it away. dug it out yesterday, flew it for a couple of minutes, battery was showing one bar on the screen. Plugged it in to charge, just get a red pulse & no charge.
Thought the battery is probably shot, so bought a new one same deal.
Got onto tech help, did the dance, battery in & out, tried 4 different phone chargers (which have worked in the past) still no good Unistalled the app, reinstalled the app, upgraded the firmware.:oops:
Went back to the shop & exchanged the new battery for another new one (in case I had a dud) Same deal :rolleyes: What now please 😒

Pac-tello

Reaction score
Are you charging with the battery in the Tello using a usb cable, or using the battery charger? Try both and report back.

Reactions: madrus

asoerjana

Reaction score
So the problem is you cannot charge the battery in the Tello?

"Plugged it in to charge, just get a red pulse & no charge. "
"tried 4 different phone chargers (which have worked in the past) still no good "

First thing you can try:
Check whether those 4 different phone chargers are match or similar to the recommended USB charger based on the user manual:
Always use an FCC/CE (depending on location) certified USB adapter that is rated at 5V and 1.5 A or above

1552749633619.png

Second thing:
Get the Tello battery charger device, like this one for example:

Third:
Bring your Tello to the DJI Service center or store in your country, let them check what is the real problem.

Reactions: madrus

madrus

Reaction score
The constant red light is not a good sign :sneaky: No point spending anymore money! Just keep it for spare parts & see what deal I can get on a new one :(

Last edited:

madrus

Reaction score
Well surprise surprise, the bloke I bought this drone from swung by today for a visit, 2 hours after I found & purchased another used one with extra batteries & a 3 pack charger this morning :ROFLMAO:. Flying the new one I told him of the issue of his ex drone, with the red light & suppossodly being "dead in the water". He then showed me on the "settings" how to re calibrate the unit & promptly had it flying once more. :)
A pity no one on here could have mentioned anything about troubleshooting or recalibrating etc, only "send back to the manufacturer" ! Now I have 2 drones :rolleyes:

Walleye

Reaction score
So no one knew about trying that. Now we’ve learned something else to try. If you don’t want two sell one.

volate!lo

Reaction score
you described an unrelated "not charging" error. Not sure how a calibration can help there.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman Krebbers