Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Newby

gibby106141

Reaction score
Hi there,

I bought my first drone (a Tello) a number of months ago now, I have been reading this forum, and felt it was time to post..

I like many others use the Xiaomi 2 Wifi extender, Ive not tested it fully but today I got my furthest away around 77 meters, it was a nit too windy really.

I feel, probably like many others that if this little thing could go further, then I would be more satisfied......I guess the limitation is due to it being WIFI - is that correct?

The other day I downloaded the Tello FPV app, I must admit I find it 1000 times better than the tello one, I also use the gamesir controller, which I find makes easier flying.

So I would guess my main issue at the moment is range...…..any hints, tips, ideas (not too technical mind) for extending it would be appreciated.

Regards

Gibby

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?

Range in direct line of sight should be at least 200-300m with the Xiaomi extender.
Put the extender 5-10m away from you (and any other source of interference) and not directly on the ground (put it on a fence or something). The antenna part should point upwards, If you turn the extender so the antenna is flat you will reduce range by around 50%..
Turn off bluetooth if you can do without the controller, if not make sure you are far enough away from the extender to not disturb its reception.
Now with direct line of sight between drone and extender you should be able to get at least 200m with good video, 300m with a few choppy parts here and there. Of course there is always a risk so fly safe...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv