Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

One the fence about a tello

NesiahTM

Reaction score

Hi, I was recently bought a toygesture control drone( volcano huajun 606) for Xmas to see if i enjoyed it. After playing a while, I've decided to upgrade to something better. Im looking around the £150 mark.

I have been recommended a dji tello from a reddit , but many also say that is not great outside.

Id ideally like to use it outside most of the time. I live in the North West UK.

I also don't want to really use my phone as a controller, but i believe there is a normal controller.

should I go for it? or get something else?

If you are mainly going to use it outside there are much better options out there. I use the Tello for inside the house only. It is a great bird though for the money. Something I would not want to take out side all the time. On a very calm day it might be all right. Plus you don’t get much distance out of it. When I want to get serious I take out my other bird the inspire. Sounds like you would be a candidate for the Mavic which is extremely nice. 9DAC5998-8561-4E0B-B51C-6FEC821B45C6.jpeg

I believe the mavic is way out my price range sadly. £150 is the max im looking to spend on my next one
If you are mainly going to use it outside there are much better options out there. I use the Tello for inside the house only. It is a great bird though for the money. Something I would not want to take out side all the time. On a very calm day it might be all right. Plus you don’t get much distance out of it. When I want to get serious I take out my other bird the inspire. Sounds like you would be a candidate for the Mavic which is extremely nice. View attachment 2577

Lol the Inspire is twice the Mavic. That is a rich kid's toy.

Hi, I was recently bought a toygesture control drone( volcano huajun 606) for Xmas to see if i enjoyed it. After playing a while, I've decided to upgrade to something better. Im looking around the £150 mark.

I have been recommended a dji tello from a reddit , but many also say that is not great outside.

Id ideally like to use it outside most of the time. I live in the North West UK.

I also don't want to really use my phone as a controller, but i believe there is a normal controller.

should I go for it? or get something else?

I think you should get the Tello. The price is good, and you don't have to buy anything else right away to fly it. I purchased the GameSir controller to go with mine so my daughter can fly it easily.

I bet you'll like it, and then you can upgrade to the Spark...which is an amazing little drone!

I think you should get the Tello. The price is good, and you don't have to buy anything else right away to fly it. I purchased the GameSir controller to go with mine so my daughter can fly it easily.

I bet you'll like it, and then you can upgrade to the Spark...which is an amazing little drone!
I agree. For the money you want to spend, the Tello is the best option. As long as you fly in light winds and don’t go too high you should be ok.

At the Tello’s price point it is the closest you will get to the feel and stability of a more expensive drone like the Spark.

Chris

The Tello is about the most fun I have for $100.00 in a long time. The price is now even lower, check eBay and Amazon.

I am using a Gamesir T1 controller with an OTG (on the go) cable. Using an OTG cable greatly reduces video lag. The T1d controller (recommended by Ryze) does not support OTG.

I am also using TelloFPV as my go to control app at this time. Very well done!

I have Spark and Mavic Pro so my Tello is only used indoors. I gave my grandson one and flies it outdoors but only in a no wind condition. I have seen lots of people using their TEllo outside but beware of any wind.

Its an AMAZING little drone. The best thing to have to help improve your ATTI flying skills.

Thanks for the great responses. If i can find a nice bundle ill grab one, if not ill be going for the hubsan 501

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen