Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Overcome Tello Overheating

mbazli

Reaction score
Hi all,

Weeks ago I started to test different kind of bottom cover design to overcome Tello overheating when hovering.
This usually happen when doing software development phase where Tello has minimum travel.

So, on this video I share the results and also attached link to the 3D files so you guys can try it too.

Regards,
Bazli

really very interesting ... what program did you use to create measurements and drawings?

I made this change, but I have no equipment to check the temperature in flight. but there is certainly a minimum of improvement.

Reactions: mbazli and MNNJR69
For in-flight data logging I’m using the SDK from Ryze and create Python script to receive continuous sensor data from Tello to my computer (see my other video on my channel)

for the visualization of data and the graph, I’m using Google excel and drawing ?

For in-flight data logging I’m using the SDK from Ryze and create Python script to receive continuous sensor data from Tello to my computer (see my other video on my channel)

for the visualization of data and the graph, I’m using Google excel and drawing ?
The drawing program at minute 6:50 I did not understand what it's called?
Thank you

I like what you're doing and the designs you made but there's a better way to keep your Tello from overheating and at the same time you shave some weight from the drone so you'll extend the flight time a little bit.

Here's what I did to my Tello to keep it cool and shave off some weight and it works perfect, my Tello will never overheat after my customization.

Modified Tello to shave off weight (1).jpg
Modified Tello to shave off weight (2).jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James_All-In