Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Overheating message

ph2t

Reaction score
Heya everyone, since the new firmware I do get the occasional message about overheating. Usually when flying in normal mode. It is hot here at the moment down under, so maybe those 35deg days I shouldn't be flying.

Has anyone else received these messages after the last firmware update?

cheers,
ph2t.

I have never received any messages. It doesn’t even get warm.

I have rec’d that message when, to the touch, the Tello is only slightly warm. Could it be sensing an overheated battery? Next time I get this I’ll quickly pull the battery and see.

TelloFpv has a temp threshold & warning in the new beta release. I have no clue what normal temperatures are but mine says its around 60-65 deg which isn't a lot for a SOC. But maybe there are multiple different temperatures available in the system. The one that I use seems to be the IMU temp, but there could be battery, cpu, gpu, ....

Reactions: xcrost
My name is Chris I've never this drone because it over heats .What is causing this I have no clue it's never been flown but it will if it's not refunded or exchanged ..
Your welcome

It shut's down to protect the electronics from too high temperatures when sitting on the ground for a longer time. You also have the option to let the motors spinning slowly for some ventilation cooling either by SDK command or by CSC (combination stick command - you can google this).

Usually you'll not see overheating during flight as long as you operate it inside a "normal" temperature range. When you push it hard in very warm environments, there may also be a limitation.

Perhaps you should articulate your problem more clearly in order to get help.

Last edited:
Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv