Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Ps3 controller with iPhone 8/ for Tello

Tezz

Reaction score
Hi, I already own ps3 controllers and wanted to use one of them to fly my Tello,
I know l have to Bluetooth bind it to my phone first,but when I try to,my phone doesn’t even discover it in Bluetooth, I read somewhere l need a program on my computer but I also seen people just binding without??.
I have the controller model that is supposed to work.
I’ve pressed the internal reset button.
Can anyone help me. Please,
Thanks in advance

Hello! So, I see this was last year...but I will still answer in case anyone comes across this post. On iOS 12, you can not pair PS 4 or XBox One controllers. Now, iOS 13...coming out in public beta soon...WILL allow you to pair those controllers.

On iOS 12, you can not pair PS 4 or XBox One controllers. Now, iOS 13...coming out in public beta soon...WILL allow you to pair those controllers.
I was also wondering this. Anyone with iOS 13 beta and a Tello let us know if you can use your PS4 or XBox one controller to fly the Tello early.

Believe the limitation is with the stock Ryze Tello app supporting third party controllers.
Yes you are correct. I chatted with Ryze tech support and they said compatibility with PS4 and Xbox controllers needs to be added to the app. I'm hoping they release an update this week to coincide with the iOS 13 release this Thursday, but doubtful.

Reactions: ZWActual
On iOS 13 works great. Ps4 controller will not be shown in Tello app, but the virtual sticks disappear. Press R2 and triangle and tadaa the tello will fly like an eagle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv