Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Red led

srbnionel

Reaction score
Hi,
I want some help regarding this issue:
- baterry fully charges according to charhing hub, but when put into drone first green led appear and after than turns into red and stay that way. On the tello application appear that the baterry needs to be charge.
Thank you!

Welcome @srbnionel

Is this a new battery or the battery has not been used in awhile?

If battery is indeed fully charged, perform a reset on the Tello. If that fails to resolve the issue, update the firmware.

It is a new battery, brought the drone yesterday. Firmware is updated. I just have to reset.

No it is not overheating. It seams that is a problem with battery, show on the application that is discharge , but when i put it into the charger it shows that is fully charged. I try to charge the baterry when it was inside drone, but didn't work, led is continuous red.

Solid red indicates a critical error...

Believe the Tello Boost Combo comes with (3) batteries. Same issue with all three?

What's the spec on the charger that you're using (should be a minimum of 1A). Micro USB connectors should be firmly seated on both ends of the cable (e.g. into AC adapter, into charger, into Tello's micro USB port).

Use a quality charging cable with a higher gauge wires.

Short of these steps, exchange the unit from where you purchased since it's new.

Sorry it didn't work out right out of the box.

Hopefully the next one will be flawless so you can start to enjoy what the Tello has to offer.

Good luck!

I too just bought the Tello Boost Combo. It seems like the Tello triple battery charger is very poor. Only one slot seems to charge consistently. Of course the charger onboard the aircraft works fine. I am planning to just by the Smatree to solve the issue.
Also, as someone else mentioned. I’ve been using a larger charger like for an iPad. That seems to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan