Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TELLO AND ANDROID 8.1

• Thread starter Deleted member 2275
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2275

Hello,
I have a Drone Tello and a Motorola G5s plus, it has worked well, but now I do not want to leave the image on the phone. In these days the mobile was updated to Android 8.1.0 has something to do with this?The Tello works well, takes off, lands up, down, rotates but the image comes to the mobile only when I activate the video, I deactivate it and the colored lines appear, the photos look good but the video comes out with color lines.
The Firmware is 01.04.35.01, I have also calibrated the center of gravity, also the IMU, the version of the application is 1.2.16.10
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 1544023149331.jpg
    1544023149331.jpg
    944.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 1544023193027.jpg
    1544023193027.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 1544026331041.jpg
    1544026331041.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20181205-104122.png
    Screenshot_20181205-104122.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: Duffmanwalkin
I don’t own a Motorola phone, but I’ve read this is a common occurence with those phones.

I'm using 8.1 now with an Asus phone and it works perfectly. I had the same green line issue with an older samsung s4 mini and could never get it to work. I had all flight controls like you working but with a green/line screen. That was with android 4.4.2. I have found that the newer android versions work best for me.

Hello,
I have a Drone Tello and a Motorola G5s plus, it has worked well, but now I do not want to leave the image on the phone. In these days the mobile was updated to Android 8.1.0 has something to do with this?The Tello works well, takes off, lands up, down, rotates but the image comes to the mobile only when I activate the video, I deactivate it and the colored lines appear, the photos look good but the video comes out with color lines.
The Firmware is 01.04.35.01, I have also calibrated the center of gravity, also the IMU, the version of the application is 1.2.16.10
Thanks for your help.
I think you can solve this by just using a different GALLERY app, other than the Samsung one. It worked for me. No more lines.

I have the same issue currently with my moto x4, have you managed to find a solution?

Hola,
nada, no he encontrado la solución, realmente la solución está en manos de Ryze, deben actualizar la aplicación para Android 8.1 y la solución que ofrecen es usar otro teléfono compatible, la solución no me gusta.

Reactions: Betordaz
Having the same issues as above. My Tello works the finest with a I pad and an old spare android(Android ver 6) phone I dug up, no screen issues what so ever But my current phone is a Cat S61 with Oreo 8.1.0 and as soon as i power up the Tello I see a green garbled screen on camera and a green bar on top for video. The drone will take the pics and video but its what I see when flying that is the issue. It appears to be a issue with Oreo on Android. Need a fix Ryze or I will return it for a full refund.

You could try uninstalling the Tello app and reinstalling it. It will (should) ask you about permissions again. If it doesn't you can go to settings (of Android), Apps, Tello app and allow it to read/write data, use the camera and such stuff.

I have the very same issue on Motorolla G5 plus. Note my videos do contain green bars and "purple-ish" squares. I tried to uninstall/re-install Tello app to no avail. It looks like a faulty decoding of images/videos. As if the codec were not ok. Any ideas?

Yes same here... green screen on photo mode yet the photos are taken and stored ok. The video looks fine as you take the shot yet the stored output has the green line over a purple black and white image... any solution or ideas gratefully received...?

Hello,
There is no solution, I have tried everything and nothing. The solution is in the hands of Ryze, they have to update the app for Android 8.1!

There is a solution for photos:
Tello creates (slightly corrupt) JPG images but for some reason the Tello App saves these as PNGs (they are not PNGs, the header clearly identifies them as JPG). You can check the file with Online exif data viewer

So rename them to JPG and see if this helps.

The video problem is a decoder problem. Only way is to update your Android (or maybe change the setting for video decoding) or get some custom app. aTelloPilot and TelloFpv are the only ones with decent video

Hi, new Tello Pilot here. Just got my little guy today and was having issues with the camera too (using Android; 8.1.0, Kernal 4.9.65 on a Samsung NOTE9). Nothing would show, just black screen. I downloaded the new firmware update and it fixed the video view, but I get the lines and multicolors, mostly green with the camera only. I"m still playing with it so I don'[t know what happens when I 'take' a photo or record video and save to my phone, but it will be interesting to see if I have any of these issues beyond the greenish colorful lines on the screen in camera mode.
I will keep an eye on this thread to see if there are any "Fixes" for these and if I come across any info I'll be sure to update my post.

Lines and multicolor is codec issue. Recorded videos will most likely be affected. Still photos will be OK (they are created onboard and transferred to the phone).
Maybe you can tweak the video rendering settings, enable / disable HW acceleration etc in the developer settings of Android.
Or you could just use another app and call it a day. *wink*

Switch to the TelloFPV app. I've not had any good luck with video with the normal Tello app and the Note9.

Hi,
I had the same problem since my Moto x4 was upgraded to Android Pie. Ryze support couldn't help resolve due to compatibility issue. I started using a new third party app called Tellofvp, and the problem is no longer an issue. This app is awesome and so is the developer @volate!lo. There is a huge Tellopilots community switching from the stock Tello to Tellofvp, give it a try you will never regret it. Many thanks to @volate!lo for doing a tremendously good job developing Tellofvp with great functionality. Thumbs up to @volate!lo

Hello,
Thanks for your help.
Same phone same problem!

I followed the advice of others here and switched to the Tellofpv app. It cost about $5.50. I wasn't sure so I tried the demo first. Blown away! All problems solved and some new features! I randomly hit a button and it changed to split screen which I can only assume will allow me to capture VR video! I AM SO SPENDING THE MONEY! Thanks for the heads up guys! You just saved Sir Tello's life! Look for videos and pics on my Instagram and Youtube!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan