Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Backyard FPV flight

jon buckland

Reaction score
Better in good light, no wind and solid signal. No controller, head down FPV without goggles. With real joysticks and headset, this is a cool trainer in the right conditions. Better than a flight simulator!

Great job flying with the on screen joysticks! I could never get the hang of those things.
they are kind of strange. I keep my fingers in contact while moving and just slide them. feels better down low but cant be spooked by changes in ground patterns. Goes to ATTI mode in the mid 20 foot range. Fun flying through small spaces and getting used to immersive FPV without worrying about crashing too much. Better than Simulators!

I hope they can fix the frame drops with an update. Can’t wait to get my hands on one. I was originally looking at a Spark, but I have a feeling a new version will be out soon, so I’ll get a Tello in the meantime. Who knows maybe I’ll stick with just the Tello

I hope they can fix the frame drops with an update. Can’t wait to get my hands on one. I was originally looking at a Spark, but I have a feeling a new version will be out soon, so I’ll get a Tello in the meantime. Who knows maybe I’ll stick with just the Tello

Someone wrote that the frame drops can be eliminated by lowering the bit rate. I will try that as soon as my new aircraft arrives.

Reactions: jon buckland
Nice video, I've gotta give the FPV a try. So far I've been watching the Tello instead of the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv