Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Battery Charging Hub

redruff

Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this out there as an FYI and a little disappointed....

The Tello charging hub, the official one from Ryze/DJI..
It holds three batteries but only charges one battery at a time.

According to the directions,
"The Tello Battery Charging Hub charges batteries in sequence according to their voltage levels, from highest to lowest."

A little disappointed that I can't charge all the batteries at once!:cautious:

hi broughthis on ebay arrives this week china $18

Attachments

• New-Arrival-4-in-1-Tello-Battery-Multi-Charger-Intelligent-Charging-Hub-For-DJI-tello-Drone.jp...jpg
    New-Arrival-4-in-1-Tello-Battery-Multi-Charger-Intelligent-Charging-Hub-For-DJI-tello-Drone.jp...jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 24
The only thing I can think of is the DJI one uses micro USB so maybe USB can't provide enough amperage to charge three at once?

It's a dumb and disappointing design.

Reactions: Rob63
I have one of these on order: Screenshot_20180626-045937.png
Apparently, it charges in parallel when connected to a quick charge capable USB charger or powerbank. Will report back once it has arrived.

I have one of these on order: View attachment 680
Apparently, it charges in parallel when connected to a quick charge capable USB charger or powerbank. Will report back once it has arrived.

I’ve ordered this one too.

Usually most DJI multi-charger charges 1 battery at a time.

Many third party charges does parallel charging.

I have one of these on order: View attachment 680
Ok, just got it today. Hooked it up to a Quickcharge 2.0 compatible USB charger, delivering 9V @ 2Amps (Zendure A series). Charges nicely in parallel with 1Amp for each battery. Display toggles between input voltage, battery voltage and charging current. I like it.

Reactions: tello1
Ok, just got it today. Hooked it up to a Quickcharge 2.0 compatible USB charger, delivering 9V @ 2Amps (Zendure A series). Charges nicely in parallel with 1Amp for each battery. Display toggles between input voltage, battery voltage and charging current. I like it.
Cool! Thanks for sharing.
Can't wait for mine to arrive. hopefully soon.

I am quite pleased with the original charger, It is super compact, can charge on the go and is designed for 3,8 volt batteries. But If I had more than 3 batteries than I assume 2 hours for one batch is too long.

I bought one of the 4 in 1 chargers off amazon.... works great except if you unplug the charger it discharges the batteries. I don't like leaving chargers plugged in, so I unplugged it. Couple days later, I grabbed a battery and was alarmed to see only 17% battery life left! Moral of the story - take the batteries off the charger when charging is complete.

i'll switch them off after use and i don't leave fully charged batteries in the multi-charger slots.
Thanks for sharing.

Hi...i am a new user here. By using the battery charger, when charging 3 or 4 battery, do we need to remove the first battery that reaches 100% or we can let it dock together with the remaining batteries?

assemblage PCB

Last edited:
Just thought I'd throw this out there as an FYI and a little disappointed....

The Tello charging hub, the official one from Ryze/DJI..
It holds three batteries but only charges one battery at a time.

According to the directions,
"The Tello Battery Charging Hub charges batteries in sequence according to their voltage levels, from highest to lowest."

A little disappointed that I can't charge all the batteries at once!:cautious:
???....lol...

I bought the Boost combo that comes with 3 batteries and the charging hub, and in my opinion it's great, i use it with the 3 batteries at the time for 1.4 hours (time close to the charge of just one) and then after the 1.4 hours all the batteries are fully charged, so... I dont see the problem here.

I bought the Boost combo that comes with 3 batteries and the charging hub, and in my opinion it's great, i use it with the 3 batteries at the time for 1.4 hours (time close to the charge of just one) and then after the 1.4 hours all the batteries are fully charged, so... I dont see the problem here.
Initially, Tello was sold in only one version. Batteries, charger needed to be bought additionally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv