Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello personal distance record 1248ft at 98ft

TelloForce1

Reaction score
I acheived a 1248 ft distance at about 100ft up in a very high interferance zone recently, I flew over a highschool
with nearby Goverment housing authority so tons of wifi around, this was just with the Wifi extender and me pointing torwards myself as i flew away from my takeoff point.

vlcsnap-2019-09-03-16h01m11s862.png

Gutsy. This would be me panicking, flying that distance and height with no controller.
200.gif

Gutsy. This would be me panicking, flying that distance and height with no controller.
200.gif
haha seemed quite responsive that far out, smooth video the whole way, i need to find a field far from any signal interference and test it back out, i believe there’s more range that the tello is capable of...

However in the meantime i was messing around in my backyard in Sport mode today and tried making a sharp U turn after flying torwards the brick siding of my house full speed and didn’t quite slow down quickly enough so i smacked my tello into the wall at id say around 10-15 mph...

Needless to say i messed up my front left motor. so now i’m ordering some later this week and preforming a repair, which hopefully goes good and well... also i’ve given my tello cover, and prop guards a pretty nice little paint job.. just waiting on that to dry up and i’ll post pictures.

Reactions: ZWActual
Wow! You flew that far, that high, in that fog and still had 41% battery? Hmmmmmmm.......

Wow! You flew that far, that high, in that fog and still had 41% battery? Hmmmmmmm.......
had to grab life by the balls haha, you only drone once. to be honest i was never nervous i think that it has pretty reliable signal stability, i think it will go further in another location. the real kicker is i started the flight at 75 percent battery, i don’t fly with guards

Sorry, not quite understanding what you are saying here:

... this was just with the Wifi extender and me pointing torwards myself as i flew away from my takeoff point.

Are you saying you used a Wi-Fi extender and flew the Tello backwards away from you to get this range?
Thanks!

Nice! I saw a video of someone who modified a Wi-Fi repeater and flew almost 7,000 feet away in a very open flat area far from any interfere of any kind. My studies also suggest that the Tello has a stronger connection for longer when flying backwards and away with the camera facing yourself because it was designed to be a selfie drone.

This is a little confusing. Did you return your Tello to Home point or just land it there? I'm not too familiar with the Tello FPV App, I just downloaded it. In the red box that says "Land 7:45", is the 7:45 the actual fliight time? You said that you started out with the battery at 75%. The Tello battery is spec'd at ~13 minutes at 100%. So 75% would be ~ 10 minutes. So you returned in 2 minutes?

Yes 7:45 flight time or at 7:45 into the flight is when the land command was initiated. I don't remember if it stops the recording when RTH is pressed.
It's one of the 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv