Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Rapidly Ascends

Snargfargle

Reaction score
Quite frequently, when flying indoors, my Tello will take off vertically (with no commands given) at high speed and crash into the ceiling. I'm using the Gamesir T1d with an Android phone. Everything is updated and calibrated. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Try if it happens without t1d.
My guess is random "phantom inputs" from the controller. In that case all you can do is get a new one

Did a hover test just now sans the Gamsir. The Tello didn't zoom up to the ceiling but the drone wasn't nearly as easy to control. I mainly just did a center of gravity calibration and landed it. Several smacks to the ceiling can't have done it any good as they were hard enough to eject the battery. I've ordered a cage protector, which I'm hoping will work well for indoor flying. Outdoor flying will have to wait until the blizzard abates.

I had this same problem last night. Tello slammed into the ceiling 3 times and wasted one of the motors. It also would not hold altitude and would land on it's own. Reset everything and tried flying with just my phone, seemed to work fine. Next I turned on the repeater with just my phone, worked fine. It would seem to me the fly in the ointment is the T1D but I will have to get my Tello up and flying again to be sure.

edit: It didn't matter if I used the stock Tello app or the Tello FPV app but I didn't notice any of this until I installed the Tello FPV app. Not blaming the fpv app but maybe there is some conflicting code on my phone somewhere.

Last edited:
I can assure you that there is no "conflicting code" on your phone. No app can see anything about another app. Even Apps that "seamlessly" integrate are in fact completely separate and invoke each other via a very indirect mechanism.
TelloFpv can't see a single bit of the Tello app code and vice versa.

Google "android sandbox model" if you want to know the details.

This is just the T1d producing erratic input.

Reactions: liljohnnie69

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv