Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Remote

alan860

Reaction score
Hi Folks.

I’m currently using a fly pad with my Tello on a Samsung s8, and working great.

However I’ve just grabbed an iPhone and can’t get the fly pad to work.

I’ve saw that the t1d is the recommended controller, but can’t find one that will arrive this year.

Can anyone suggest another controller that can be used with the iPhone?

Hi Folks.

I’m currently using a fly pad with my Tello on a Samsung s8, and working great.

However I’ve just grabbed an iPhone and can’t get the fly pad to work.

I’ve saw that the t1d is the recommended controller, but can’t find one that will arrive this year.

Can anyone suggest another controller that can be used with the iPhone?
you can try using some vote mapping app in the control you already have, or use usb with otg adapter

Enviado de meu ASUS_X00LD usando o Tapatalk

Reactions: alan860
I am busy finalizing an IOS app for Tello, but its not TelloFpv. I hope to finish before Xmas, but no clue how long releasing under Apple's regime takes..

Its my first IOS app so I have no clue about the publish & release process. All I know is Apple can be a PITA in this regard, seems they want me to send them a drone so they can test the app????

Depending on how nasty this process turns out and how well the app is received I will look into TelloFpv for IOS.
Many bits & pieces are already ported to IOS for the upcoming app so I hope the release of TelloFpv should go faster, but still take a while.

I am busy finalizing an IOS app for Tello, but its not TelloFpv. I hope to finish before Xmas, but no clue how long releasing under Apple's regime takes..

Its my first IOS app so I have no clue about the publish & release process. All I know is Apple can be a PITA in this regard, seems they want me to send them a drone so they can test the app????

Depending on how nasty this process turns out and how well the app is received I will look into TelloFpv for IOS.
Many bits & pieces are already ported to IOS for the upcoming app so I hope the release of TelloFpv should go faster, but still take a while.
Fantastic. And thank you for this. Hopefully it will be a quick process for you.

Trelo I couldn’t get the Flypad to connect to my iPhone thru Bluetooth. Only connecting it to the parrot app worked and that wouldn’t let me control the tello, only my mamba.

Trelo I couldn’t get the Flypad to connect to my iPhone thru Bluetooth. Only connecting it to the parrot app worked and that wouldn’t let me control the tello, only my mamba.
Yeah that is true. I was asking whether the iPhone app @volate!lo is developing will support the flypaper.

Reactions: alan860
Flypad is a very special beast, just like the gamesir T1D. They both speak a very special, non-standardized protocol so there will be almost no apps to support them. Especially since the protocols are not disclosed so some protocol hacking is involved. In fact I only know of aTelloPilot and TelloFpv, because the app has to implement each protocol by themself.

Thats completely different from normal controllers, like a PS3 or PS4, a T1s or most other controllers in the world. These speak a standardized protocol, so the Android / IOS system understands them, so the apps can used stndard OS interfaces without bothering what controller is connected..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv