Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

I have used the TellFPV app on Samsung S7 with a wired Sony game controller. Works great. Is there a way to use the controller with TelloMe?

My error, my question was about iOS TelloFPV and whether i could use the Sony controller wired to the iPhone as i do now with the Android app. I mistakenly said TelloMe which i gather is a separate app with followme feature.

I don't think so. The iOS operating system only supports a handful MFI controllers, like Gamevice.

Battery capacity display

Hello volate!lo,

is the% display of battery capacity in TelloFPV based on the battery voltage?
And if so, could you please name a few values, such as
4.35V corresponds to 100%, 3.80V corresponds to 50% etc.?

Many Thanks

no, the % value is calulated by Tello and only displayed by the app.

Tello also reports a raw voltage value but this fluctuates a lot under different loads, and I never considered it that useful so never bothered to display it.

Reactions: Bruchpilot
no, the % value is calulated by Tello and only displayed by the app.

Tello also reports a raw voltage value but this fluctuates a lot under different loads, and I never considered it that useful so never bothered to display it.

Moin volate!lo,

no screen recording in Android 10&11 TelloFPV 1.9.0P. Instead a disclaimer " Beim Streamen/Aufzeichnen werden vertrauliche Informationen.....blablabla", & after confirmation recording starts but the file got 0 bytes.

thx

-mike

The disclaimer is something your Phone tells you, nothing under my control.
If the file has 0 bytes its most likely an issue with limited codec resources. Most likely a separate screenrecorder app will fail recording TelloFpv as well.

Hi @volate!lo , I had an issue when using tello fpv. I was try to get a footage and it failed a few times. After 7 tries it only saved 2 videos.

I do have space on my phone, but how it failed to save on my phone?

Strange. This problem pops up every now and then, but we are talking about one user in thousands. Impossible to investigate without getting my hands on an affected phone.

I know this can happen on Android if the video is extremely short (2-3s) and audio recording is switched on

Can someone please explain how do I pair tello fpv app on android with the t1d? Tried through the mentioned app but nothing appears to be happening.

From the manual:

How to connect T1d and Flypad:
Make sure the Ryze app is closed (taskmanager!). If the controller is paired in the Android settings you need to unpair it. Afterwards turn controller on, open TelloFpv, open “Menu – Controller” and press the “scan for T1D and Flypad” button. After the controller is found the controller has to be selected in the student drop down box. The Onscreen controller should remain master to override the external controller in case of malfunction

If that doesn't work there is a trouble shooting section:

Gamesir T1d / Flypad are not found
  • Do you see and use the “scan for t1d and flypad” button on the controller settings screen? If not you may have to scroll down!
  • Make sure the controller is not paired in the Android Bluetooth settings. If paired, unpair it first!
  • Check that the app has privileges to “access location” (required for Bluetooth scanning)
  • Check that Google location service is active (if inactive Android may not give search results)
  • Clear Bluetooth cache _AND_ data (Clear Bluetooth Cache – Android - Elite HRV Knowledge Base )
If this doesn't work please describe exactly your starting point, all steps you take and the response by the controller / app.

The student drop down box was the issue, everything is working now, didnt have time to read the manual, my bad. Thanks alot, here comes a 5 star rating on the playstore ?

Reactions: volate!lo
Strange. This problem pops up every now and then, but we are talking about one user in thousands. Impossible to investigate without getting my hands on an affected phone.

I know this can happen on Android if the video is extremely short (2-3s) and audio recording is switched on
Okay, I turned on the audio for no reason, maybe without audio would be better. Let me try this and give another feedback.

Hi!

Can anyone please help me using my Sony DualShock 4 with TelloFPV again?

It uses to work great, but now it only navigates trough the TelloFPV app, the axis and button operates like a external keyboard... Ex: the O button pressed twice exits the app. I can´t remap the buttons either...

The controller was tested with gamepad tester app and works great.

I´m using the DualShock 4 with OTG cable on a Samsung Galaxy Note10+ (Android 11).

This is a bug in Android 11. Not in the app, or the Samsung ROM but core Android 11.

Google "android 11 game controller" and you will find tenthousands of entries.. Just reddit has almost 20.000 posts around this.

You can try to disable all kind of accessibility services. That is said to work for some users & apps, but not for me.
You can also try to connect the controller, and kill the app and start it again, also a tip from fellow users. Doesn't work for me either.

Sad. Google broke it in a way we developers can't fix.

Reactions: IroN
This is a bug in Android 11. Not in the app, or the Samsung ROM but core Android 11.

Google "android 11 game controller" and you will find tenthousands of entries.. Just reddit has almost 20.000 posts around this.

You can try to disable all kind of accessibility services. That is said to work for some users & apps, but not for me.
You can also try to connect the controller, and kill the app and start it again, also a tip from fellow users. Doesn't work for me either.

Sad. Google broke it in a way we developers can't fix.

First of all, thanks for your reply.

This worked for me:

"... reset all accessibility settings (there's a dedicated button for it)"

Figured out that the "problem" (the problem is Android 11, not the apps) here is related to the following "installed services" under accessibility:
- Boldbeast Call Rocorder
- Macrodroid UI Interaction (or something like that in english)

It´s a pain (...) turn off and on again this services every time. But I think it´s the only way for now...

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for your reply.

This worked for me:

"... reset all accessibility settings (there's a dedicated button for it)"

Figured out that the "problem" (the problem is Android 11, not the apps) here is related to the following "installed services" under accessibility:
- Boldbeast Call Rocorder
- Macrodroid UI Interaction (or something like that in english)

It´s a pain (...) turn off and on again this services every time. But I think it´s the only way for now...

I read somewhere that tasker can do this automatically.

I think since this bug has been around & documented for well over a year now that it won't be fixed for A11, hopefully in A12

Reactions: IroN

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv