Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Unofficial battery message

Johncrosley

Reaction score
My tello has the original genuine battery but I’m getting “unofficial battery” message and unable to fly. The Tello edu and battery are with Ryze support at this time but they have no real answers yet. I’ve read online that others have the same problem and some associate it with a firmware update. The battery charges and holds its charge fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Also how does it detect a genuine battery, is it the firmware or the app interrogating a chip in the battery?

Batteries today have BMS chip nearby, which monitors cells and decides when the battery is dead. It also shares charge state and other telemetry via I2C. And it allows authentication.

So from what you write, it looks like Tello battery has such chip.
It must be a very simple model.

My tello has the original genuine battery but I’m getting “unofficial battery” message and unable to fly. The Tello edu and battery are with Ryze support at this time but they have no real answers yet. I’ve read online that others have the same problem and some associate it with a firmware update. The battery charges and holds its charge fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Also how does it detect a genuine battery, is it the firmware or the app interrogating a chip in the battery?
Hello.
I have the same problem I think, after flying a couple of times without problems, now the app tells me in ios "there is a problem with the batteries, check with technical service" and in andorid "" unofficial battery ". I spoke with customer service from Ryze and they told me to reset the drone, to update the firmware, but when I do it even though the battery is fully charged, it tells me that it has less than 50% and that it cannot update.
Could you solve the problem? How did you do it?

Hi, I am experiencing the similar issues. Any help would be appreciated.

So I got ahold of Ryze support. He walked through some very rudimentary troubleshooting (S/N of batteries to verify they are authentic) then told me I need to send the drone in for further troubleshooting. He sent me a prepaid label but I may have to pay for repairs and return shipping. I'm about 99% positive this was caused by a firmware update since I flew the drone, put it away, got it out, it made me update firmware, and now I get this message. He said if it was caused by firmware, there would be no charge for the repair. We'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv