Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Using two extenders at the same time (Tello_plus_plus!!)

Md Jawadul Gani

Reaction score
Does it sound real crazy if anyone thinks of extending the already extended range of the tello (tello_plus) with another repeater using at the same time? Following the same setup process as the first one?
Will it even work? It seems theoretically possible from my judgement. Did anyone try this? Let me hear from you all!! :)

Thanks

I didn't try this but I think it only makes sense if you bild a chain. Smartphone --> Extender 1 --> Extender 2 --> Tello.
In this case you have to place the extender 2 away from you. Then you can fly inside the range of extender 2.
But be aware that the time of reaction will become slower.

I didn't try this but I think it only makes sense if you bild a chain. Smartphone --> Extender 1 --> Extender 2 --> Tello.
In this case you have to place the extender 2 away from you. Then you can fly inside the range of extender 2.
But be aware that the time of reaction will become slower.
Hmm, thats the concerning part.

The problem with this setup is, that if you are to far away from the range extender 2, you will have problems with the connection. The Tello does not change it's signal from extender to extender, that would be the phone. Also, adding the extender to the Tello would only make the Tello have less flight time.

The problem with this setup is, that if you are to far away from the range extender 2, you will have problems with the connection. The Tello does not change it's signal from extender to extender, that would be the phone. Also, adding the extender to the Tello would only make the Tello have less flight time.
And also becomes less maneuverable, i guess.

With 1 range extender you can go beyond 1,000 feet.
I had the extender poked out of my pocket, attached with a power bank. And the best i could go is 90 meters without hitting the wifi bar at its lowest.
It was a vegetated place and i was flying close to the ground.
Maybe i had to fly higher and in an open place to reach the 1000 feet milestone.

I had the extender poked out of my pocket, attached with a power bank. And the best i could go is 90 meters without hitting the wifi bar at its lowest.
It was a vegetated place and i was flying close to the ground.
Maybe i had to fly higher and in an open place to reach the 1000 feet milestone.
You are suppose to place your extender some 3-4 meters from you to get the best range. Remember to turn off your phone's cellular signal and if you are using controller, run it via OTG. Bluetooth and LTE both interfere with the wifi signal. @raulvolador was able to fly some 650m with his stock range extender, later he modified it and got further, but goes to show you how the little things can improve range that much.

You are suppose to place your extender some 3-4 meters from you to get the best range. Remember to turn off your phone's cellular signal and if you are using controller, run it via OTG. Bluetooth and LTE both interfere with the wifi signal. @raulvolador was able to fly some 650m with his stock range extender, later he modified it and got further, but goes to show you how the little things can improve range that much.
Hmm, i fly while keeping my phone in airplane mode. Btw, does gamesir t1d supports otg?

And? Does it work?
Do you have any noticeable advantages?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv