Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video not saving on Android

Lickylips

Reaction score
Hi there,
I just got a new tello and have connected it and flew it fine. I'm able to take photos fine but while it says it's recording video nothing is saved on my phone (a pixel 4XL). I've cleared cache and data, deleted the tellovideo folder and reinstalled the app. Any other suggestions? I've installed the app on my daughter's phone and it worked fine so I'm sure it's something I need to do on the phone.

Thanks
Seán

Reactions: jvangurp
Photos & videos are separated, on the tello app go to where the photos are stored then press video which is side by side of photos your vids should appear..

Hi there,
I just got a new tello and have connected it and flew it fine. I'm able to take photos fine but while it says it's recording video nothing is saved on my phone (a pixel 4XL). I've cleared cache and data, deleted the tellovideo folder and reinstalled the app. Any other suggestions? I've installed the app on my daughter's phone and it worked fine so I'm sure it's something I need to do on the phone.

Thanks
Seán
Hi Seán!
Your problem is EXACTLY what I'm facing with my configuration and problem (DJI app not saving videos on my Pixel 4 XL - only photos).
I purchased the TelloFPV app and it works great (it's actually much better than the default app that sucks and no one seems interested in fixing this issue).But I still wish I could use the default app.
Good luck!
Renato

I’m having the same problem... pixel 3, lots of storage space, permissions are set to ‘yes’ and updated to latest firmware. I assume I’m doing something wrong but I’ll be damned if I can figure out what it is.

Sounds too coincidental that it's 3 Pixels......

I just had a Google and saw a similar issue with another app. The fix was to force close the app, turn off all permissions, then launch the app again. That brought up a new request to grant storage permissions, which fixed it. Worth a try?

I just had a Google and saw a similar issue with another app. The fix was to force close the app, turn off all permissions, then launch the app again. That brought up a new request to grant storage permissions, which fixed it. Worth a try?

I deleted the Tello app and switched to Tello FPV and it works perfectly!

Reactions: bigbaldbloke

Not coincidence, the app is broken and they don't care to fix it.

I have a similar problem with the TelloFPV app on my Pixel 4a 5G....the video will save on the phone, and play on the phone, but it will not show up in my Google photos on my other devices like my tablet. Also, I am unable to cast the video to my Chromecast. The video from the regular Tello app plays fine, but I like TelloFPV app much better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a similar problem with the TelloFPV app on my Pixel 4a 5G....the video will save on the phone, and play on the phone, but it will not show up in my Google photos on my other devices like my tablet. Also, I am unable to cast the video to my Chromecast. The video from the regular Tello app plays fine, but I like TelloFPV app much better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry I only read this now:
I guess (but not sure) that you have to move the file from the phone's DCIM directory to where your photos are store normally.

I just got my first drone and guess what video saves to PIXEL but does not play! I've moved the video to camera folder still doesn't work. Don't want to pay monthly to record video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan