Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wifi repeater HELP

SemH04

Reaction score
I just bought the xiaoumi wifi repeater 2, but I can't connect it to my Tello. When I gotta connect a router it tells me the Tello is an unsecured network and I can't connect to it. Please help!

Thanks alot.

Hi, have you try to put a password to the wifi network of Tello and then repeat it on the extender. I have done in this way and it works. I have an Iphone 7plus and MI2 extender of XIAOMI.

Yes I chose China.

And no, I couldn't connect to the Tello in the mi home app so I couldn't enter the password. :(

Did you rename your Tello to something without a hyphen in it? I've heard that has to be done as well.

Xiaomi just recently few weeks ago did an update that disables the ability to extend unsecured networks :/ had to add pasword to my tello too

I cannot change my password, when I set my password and I turn off the Tello and turn it back on it's gone :/

I gave up and bought a Meross repeater bought from Amazon

Tellocrazy, did you set your password to 00000000? I can't change any settings cuz they don't save

Hey guys,

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem - it says it's an unsecured network and it's greyed out ?
I'll try adding a password.

Mymgb, are you happy with the Meross? How's the app?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180724-194530.png
    Screenshot_20180724-194530.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv