Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Would the TelloFPV app work with android controllers that connect to the phone directly?

Endgame

Reaction score
Hi,

I am reading a lot about input lag using the GameSir bluetooth controllers. Also, I am thinking of eliminating bluetooth interference by finding a controller that would attach to the phone maybe using a cable.

I have found these, they are using Bluetooth to interface with the phone, but hoping to find some that use only cable connection.

LINK 1

LINK 2

My question is, would the TelloFPV app support such inputs, and what are your opinions, would this be a superior solution to the bluetooth controllers?

I am sorry if this thread already exists, I could not find it.

I believe they all work. I bought a very cheap control and was very pleased with the result. It connects to your phone via OTG cable and thus avoids any interference that bluetooth may cause, but only works on TelloFPV. Follow the link.

Reactions: Endgame
Noticed less input lag with a PS3 controller, OTG cable and this phone holder:

Also, phone's in airplane mode when flying and WiFi repeater helps a bit.

Reactions: Endgame
Also, you just connect it and open the app? I have an xbox one controller and its not rrgistering amything, do I need to calibrate it somehow? Also, does this reduce lag too?

Not sure of the Xbox One controllers but believe there are two hardware versions where only one is Bluetooth capable (if you're just testing for connectivity).

On the PS3, I attached a mini-USB to the controller, connected that to the OTG cable and the USB (C) end goes into the phone (Pixel XL).

In the TelloFPV app, believe it recognized it right away but if not, go to "Controller" and do a "Scan for T1D + Flypad" and see if it shows up.

IMO, would say there's no noticeable lag and the Tello's been pretty responsive especially in Sports Mode (sans propeller guards).

Yeah its a generic xbox controller not bluetooth but with cable. But I think its busted to be homest but will have to check.
Thanks bro for all the info!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv