Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi WIFI repeater external antennas mod

Ron on tello fb group got 706m off of a stock xiaomi in the country on TelloFPV. He is in US. Posted video. It confirmed that your mod probably isn’t that helpful.

Hi all,

I was shocked when disassembling my Xiaomi external antenna mod for using parts into a new project. I discovered a desoldered antenna wire like this:

xiaomi repeater desoldered wire.jpg
(not an actual image. It's edited for showing problem)

This broken wire can explain my mod malfuction and poor results.

Maybe we should give this mod a second chance...

Raul.

Hi all,

I was shocked when disassembling my Xiaomi external antenna mod for using parts into a new project. I discovered a desoldered antenna wire like this:

View attachment 3532
(not an actual image. It's edited for showing problem)

This broken wire can explain my mod malfuction and poor results.

Maybe we should give this mod a second chance...

Raul.
Cool go ahead with better soldering

I want to try a "home base" version of this mod. Any recommendations on a 360° antenna to use with the extender?

if you do the antenna mod to the repeater, you can put any antenna you want. A double biquad also works just as well as the 4Hawks. A cloverleaf circular polarized antenna seems to work just as good even though others have reported the Tello antenna is vertical polarized. However, looking at pictures of the Tello antenna, the ground plane is a helical design, which leads me to believe it is not linear.

Reactions: xcrost
I do put a Marco Polo drone tracker on the Tello because when I fly out over 3000 ft (1K), most times something goes wrong and i have to go get it. I also fly 100 ft high, so the wind is a major factor on it not making it back.

Reactions: xcrost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv