Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

A new little drone ...

I think we can be happy if there is any Tello 2 at all.
I am certain DJI will shrink the next Spark to stay under 250gr threshold so they will come closer to Tello. We can't expect Ryze to add many upgrades to the Tello and move closer to the Spark as well.

They can't add Gimbal and GPS or there won't be any serious differentiator between Telloand Spark. Who cares about brushed / brushless if the brushed motors work as good as they do on tello?
Ryze can only do what DJI allows them to do, and position any Tello 2 only where they want it to be positioned (and that is certainly not anywhere near Spark).

I'm totally newbie in drones.
My first priority is photo/video quality and i saw tons of video on youtube from different drones.
All new "tello killers" up to $200 are not compatible comparable with tello in terms of camera...
And i know about "all roads lead to Spark" :)
But it's always interesting to try to cheat the reality, yes ? So i'm here, with Tello, Xiaomi stick and dream about external camera with IS and 20 gramms weight :)

Last edited:
personally I would wait for the next release by DJI. They know that 250gr is currently a magic borderline for many major markets so they will for sure do something about this. Call it "Spark Air" or something. For sure they can't ignore that fact forever.

Yes, i'm too.
I'm totally enjoyed by Spark, but 300g...
I need drone for our trips in Europe and know about perspective laws with 250g limit (and somewhere limit is already actual, i.e. at my home...)

I have no real information on this should stand under 200 grams of weight.138 grams with battery. I'm waiting for a review from an Italian youtuber.

At the moment I only found this ...

The closed captions are awesome. Must have used Google translate........?

• Haha
Reactions: Flydrone
Maybe a nice Drone, but will there be a living Community ?
Without the experience and help from other User it ist for me a loosing Point.

Reactions: Flydrone
DJI tello VS Ninja 913 "small drones in comparison"

this is a comparison video, made by Italian youtuber ...
Tello beats Ninja 913 for the photographic department.

Tello in the video is driven without WiFi extender and with the original Ryze app.

Nice comparison, thank you. Tello does look smoother, less jittery. Maybe the props need balancing on the 913?

I have enjoyed my Tello with all these new drone laws coming around so much technology can be added to make a drone with a great stabilized 1080p or even 4k don't even need the gps , there are now small brushless motors but even then with an upgraded camera the brushed motor maybe a bit bigger not to surpass the weight limit a good battery and a good controller that can handle the 100 or even 150 meter range for a good solid connection and most importantly parts supply..

Spark is a great drone but for some if you live close to a no fly zone cannot fly for a small drone like the tello around the house or neighbourhood its ok

at >250gr its easier to just buy a spark.
It was not the prompt to buy but to compare :)
913 is quite stable in flight although it likes a flying brick.
I think it have several versions (it's China) with different weight (and who knows what's else) - i saw at least three from 160 gramms to 266.
And even this :

if you stick a 120gr gopro to it its >250gr and has to compete with other >250gr drones.

Most important for me: In germany I am allowed to fly FPV at any distance if I use a <250gr drone. With >250gr I need to stay in LOS of a spotter.

GoPro is too heavy for any little drone.
I think about Onepaa X2000 with quite good stab. 40 Gramms.
And 250g limit is very important for me because of i like to travel and laws of EU countries move to use this limit.

The controller has the looks of the Flypad. If it uses the same gimbals and works as a wired gamepad that would be a cool controller

Not interested in the drone though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843