Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android phones that work with Tello

pidgeoto

I am using a Nexus 7 2013 edition tablet 6.0 with Mi WiFi 2 repeater. It seems to fly very well. I have also updated the latest firmware.
Rabbit, I am also using a Nexus 7 2013 but running android 6.0.1. It flys great, takes and saves photos, but does not save video. It appears as if it is taking a video with the timer running but no video is saved. Can you confirm that you are able to save video?

Rabbit, I am also using a Nexus 7 2013 but running android 6.0.1. It flys great, takes and saves photos, but does not save video. It appears as if it is taking a video with the timer running but no video is saved. Can you confirm that you are able to save video?
I will try to do that this weekend. I haven`t tried videos yet, only photos.

I will try this weekend. I have taken photos, but no videos.

Works with a Motorola Droid Turbo, though if you're outside in sunshine, the screen is unviewable... just not bright enough. It's fine indoors.

I found out this weekend, that when you do an update to 6.0 on the Nexus 7 2013 edition, you will loose Gallery app. The Photos app didn`t work for me. I reinstalled Gallery from playstore. So now, photos and videos will save and replay. Good times!

cometman

My LG X Charge has to be restarted every time to get the Tello app to prompt for the wi-fi connection. Tello support says it's not supported. Their list of supported phones is pretty minimal which seems very shortsighted. I'm using the aTelloPilot app which works great and has a lot more features. The only downside is that it costs $4.99.

Just tried my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. Firmware and Tello app is up to date. Problem is I can control the drone with the phone fine but I have a green screen with lines on my phone screen. Video files don't work as well as the live feed when flying but it will take pictures? I figured if it let me install the app and firmware update everything would work. I see the same thing as post #5. Any help?

Same result with my Moto G5 Plus.
Photo/video are fine when using the TelloFPV app, though. But if I hook up the T1D video is unuseable

Sony Xperia Z1 = OK!

I'm so happy. I was having a lot of video lag with my Alcatel Idol 4. Yesterday I found my old Sony Xperia Z1 lost in my closet. I gave it a try and it works perfect with my Tello. The video is so smooth, almost no lag at all even without WiFi extender.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nakanishi