Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android phones that work with Tello

anbalck

Reaction score
Nexus 7, Lenovo S90A, Honor 8, Honor 9 - all are working with stock app and aTelloPilot.

Nick55

Reaction score
It appears the Moto g7 plus does not work with the standard tello app. The drone flies but green lines on feed and weird black and white video recording. Dear Volatello might I hope your app will work. The **** thing - which is such fuunnn - flies fine with an ancient galaxy S5 and takes video. But the g7plus is a much nicer phone. Has anyone any ideas? Have done the permissions thing, reinstalled the app 3 times, turned off mobile data, put phone into aircraft mode etc but no luck. Having graduated from a toy (e58) to this I am astonished with it. Unbelievable for such a low price (50 quid on eBay)

Orge

Reaction score
Hi all!!!

Tello works perfect with Huawei P20 Lite, GameSir T1d Controller and stock tello app. Photos and videos are in a folder in my gallery app and i can see/watch with phone stock apps.

volate!lo

Reaction score
It appears the Moto g7 plus does not work with the standard tello app. The drone flies but green lines on feed and weird black and white video recording. Dear Volatello might I hope your app will work. The **** thing - which is such fuunnn - flies fine with an ancient galaxy S5 and takes video. But the g7plus is a much nicer phone. Has anyone any ideas? Have done the permissions thing, reinstalled the app 3 times, turned off mobile data, put phone into aircraft mode etc but no luck. Having graduated from a toy (e58) to this I am astonished with it. Unbelievable for such a low price (50 quid on eBay)
Please test with the Demo. Should work

Last edited:

2old4toys

Reaction score
Xiaomi Red Note 2 does not show live video from the Tello, just a black screen.

rookie

Reaction score
I have an iPhone with ATT. If I get an Android phone to fly Tello, how do I use it? Do I have to switch SIM cards? Can I somehow add it to my ATT plan? I have to get the app right? So if I get the app I have to be on some network system right.

I know this is basic to you guys, but your guidance would be appreciated.

Tubaman

Reaction score
I have an iPhone with ATT. If I get an Android phone to fly Tello, how do I use it? Do I have to switch SIM cards? Can I somehow add it to my ATT plan? I have to get the app right? So if I get the app I have to be on some network system right.

I know this is basic to you guys, but your guidance would be appreciated.
When I got my Android phone to use with Tello FPV it was an extra T-Mobile phone from a friend with no SIM card and that is the way I use it to fly my Tello. No cell connection because no SIM card. Since the Android was free from a friend I don’t mind a phone dedicated to flying my Tello.

Good Luck & Fly Safe!

rookie

Reaction score
When I got my Android phone to use with Tello FPV it was an extra T-Mobile phone from a friend with no SIM card and that is the way I use it to fly my Tello. No cell connection because no SIM card. Since the Android was free from a friend I don’t mind a phone dedicated to flying my Tello.

Good Luck & Fly Safe!
So you can get an app without having the phone registered anywhere? Don't you need to be able to go to the App Store?

briest

Reaction score
@rookie -- you can control Tello with wifi only. I fly mostly with an old tablet with no cellular connectivity at all. There's also official Tello app for iPhone by Ryze, so you don't even have to cope with Android. Still, popular consensus here is that TelloFPV is the way to go -- and it's Android only. So, the only place you'd need to register is Google, to be able to purchase T.FPV.

There's one caveat -- TelloFPV wants to verify its license for first two days after installing, so during that time you should start the app while being connected to wifi.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lau7aro