Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android phones that work with Tello

I am using a Nexus 7 2013 edition tablet 6.0 with Mi WiFi 2 repeater. It seems to fly very well. I have also updated the latest firmware.

Rabbit, I am also using a Nexus 7 2013 but running android 6.0.1. It flys great, takes and saves photos, but does not save video. It appears as if it is taking a video with the timer running but no video is saved. Can you confirm that you are able to save video?

Rabbit, I am also using a Nexus 7 2013 but running android 6.0.1. It flys great, takes and saves photos, but does not save video. It appears as if it is taking a video with the timer running but no video is saved. Can you confirm that you are able to save video?
I will try to do that this weekend. I haven`t tried videos yet, only photos.

I will try this weekend. I have taken photos, but no videos.

Works with a Motorola Droid Turbo, though if you're outside in sunshine, the screen is unviewable... just not bright enough. It's fine indoors.

I found out this weekend, that when you do an update to 6.0 on the Nexus 7 2013 edition, you will loose Gallery app. The Photos app didn`t work for me. I reinstalled Gallery from playstore. So now, photos and videos will save and replay. Good times!

Reactions: monchan
Con el LG Q6+ vuela muy bien y graba bien el video. Pero se corta mucho al girar de un lado a otro

My LG X Charge has to be restarted every time to get the Tello app to prompt for the wi-fi connection. Tello support says it's not supported. Their list of supported phones is pretty minimal which seems very shortsighted. I'm using the aTelloPilot app which works great and has a lot more features. The only downside is that it costs $4.99.

Just tried my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. Firmware and Tello app is up to date. Problem is I can control the drone with the phone fine but I have a green screen with lines on my phone screen. Video files don't work as well as the live feed when flying but it will take pictures? I figured if it let me install the app and firmware update everything would work. I see the same thing as post #5. Any help?

121-13a478136a9d247a54e3955f263a0614.jpg

Same result with my Moto G5 Plus.
Photo/video are fine when using the TelloFPV app, though. But if I hook up the T1D video is unuseable

Sony Xperia Z1 = OK!

I'm so happy. I was having a lot of video lag with my Alcatel Idol 4. Yesterday I found my old Sony Xperia Z1 lost in my closet. I gave it a try and it works perfect with my Tello. The video is so smooth, almost no lag at all even without WiFi extender.

Reactions: 2old4toys
I am using an asus zenphone go (5) was a little problematic to get it working. And sometimes I need a phone restart for it
to work. But once connected, works flawlessly, photos ,videos all look great. And I am surprised at the photo quality too.

Another smartphone succesfully tested: Samsung Galaxy A40 (SM-A405FZKDPHE)

Ok flying Ryze app, aTelloPilot and TelloFPV

It's a great phone, with wide screen (5.9 inches) but small body due narrow frames.

Reactions: Rottert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen