Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android phones that work with Tello

Using the Tello App (Philippine Mobile Phone) Cherry Flare S3 Power running on Android 4.4.2 works way better than my Sony Xperia Z1 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" ;)

After the latest firmeware update the video smoothness (recording & phone monitor) of the Cherry Flare S3 Power has gone, a lot of frame skipping and very noticeable lags from taking off, getting to 30 meters high and decending. Very frustrated with the turn of events... ???

How about you guys?

Reactions: SzakiJani
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 works perfectly. Also tried my old Samsung Note 10.1 Tablet and it works.

Anyone using a Samsung J5(2016) to control the Tello.

Not an owner of one yet. Still researching before hitting the buy button.

Thanks

Anyone using a Moto G6 plus with the latest firmware and app and also using GameSir T1d and Xiaomi Repeater 2 ?

Edit: Phone is on Oreo 8.0.0

Utilizzare senza problemi il mio "vecchio" Samsung N7505 Galaxy Note 3 Neo con Android 5.1.1 abbinato a un extender Xiaomi wifi2
Immediatamente ho calibrato il Tuo su IMU e centro di gravità e mai nessun problema.
Of course with Android there is some small lag video, but after the last app update tello seems to have improved ... at least I think!
Adoro questo Drone Tello!

Just tried my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. Firmware and Tello app is up to date. Problem is I can control the drone with the phone fine but I have a green screen with lines on my phone screen. Video files don't work as well as the live feed when flying but it will take pictures? I figured if it let me install the app and firmware update everything would work. I see the same thing as post #5. Any help?

121-13a478136a9d247a54e3955f263a0614.jpg

Just tried my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. Firmware and Tello app is up to date. Problem is I can control the drone with the phone fine but I have a green screen with lines on my phone screen. Video files don't work as well as the live feed when flying but it will take pictures? I figured if it let me install the app and firmware update everything would work. I see the same thing as post #5. Any help?

121-13a478136a9d247a54e3955f263a0614.jpg

Just tried my Samsung Galaxy tab 3 and it setup and works great with very little video lag and no repeater all indoors. Unfortunately it wont sit in the Gamsir T1s holder so it can only be used handheld:( but my LG G6 does fit and also works great. Would still like to figure out if my issue above is fixable. Anyone else try the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini?

Ho provato su un Galaxy S4 mini, lo stesso problema ... Schermo a strisce verdi!
I usually use my Samsung Note 3 neo and fortunately I have no problems.

The Sony Xperia Z5 Compact works brilliantly!

I can also confirm that the Tesco Hudl 2 works fine too.
Thanks for your post . I got a Hudl2 is there anything to do other than install the app and the WiFi from the Tello. Cheers gwyn. (New to Android) really an iOS slave!

Tesco Hudl 2 (This is a UK only 7" tablet) works fine - video good (have not tried long range). This tablet has HDMI out and is a solution for UK users who want to fly FPV with DJI's Goggles :). The tablet can probably be bought on Ebay cheaply.

Sorry should have put credit where it was due.With
Storyline

Have Just got one of these now have to get the app to work as it keeps saying Unfortunately Tello has stopped working !!! any tips gratefully received , cheers Gwyn

I've seen some posts/rants in other places about android phones that don't work with the Tello. So, how about a listing of phones or tablets that you've successfully flown your Tello with. I've tried three so far:

Essential PH-1 - doesn't work. Connects to the wifi but I never get a picture from the Tello camera.
Motorola G4 - works great. This is what I've flown with since day one on my Tello. Controls are very responsive and everything works, no hiccups.
Huaweii 7" tablet - works. I tried this one out this morning just to see if flying with a tablet was better than a phone. Worked just fine but my first impression was that the controls weren't as responsive as the Moto G4.
Lenovo zuk z2 here work almost perfectly.except,the range sucks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv