Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Another mi xiaomi mod. But not what you'd expect...

The settings I listed (1&1) are for the most stable video but with low quality. For high quality video you need to experiment a bit. The Tellofpv manual (in help) does a great job of explaining these settings.

Reactions: Customerx
Ok cheers been working my way through that lol
still amazed by all the icons :) I will get used to it.

Reactions: xcrost
@Customerx

I'm really interested in your mod. Even I'm planning to buy another Xiaomi repeater ;)

I have a question for you: How do you configure both Repeaters for working together ?

Thanks a lot.

It took me a while to get my head around it lol had everything placed out with bits of paper next to them :)

It works in reverse.

Do the mod. (Any questions feel free to ask. Have just about have it written out, parts needed etc, how to) not hard to do at all.

Attach the Xiaomi to the drone.

WiFi =
SSID TELLO (6 digit identifier code)_plus
(Xiaomi mi WiFi 1)

Daisy chain the next repeater to connect to this SSID.

It becomes

SSID
SSID TELLO (6 digit identifier code)_plus_plus
(Xiaomi mi WiFi 2)

Connect with TELLO app to the
SSID TELLO (6 digit identifier code)_plus_plus
(Xiaomi mi WiFi 2)

Simple way to explain if you have one xiaomi mi configured already then use that to attach (physically) to the drone and set the second to link through WiFi to that one. Then always use the plus_plus WiFi connection in the app.

Hope this makes sense... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: raulvolador
Took this screen grab during a test to show example.

Attachments

• wificonnect.jpg
    wificonnect.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 17
Funny you should say that, had a quick test today, forgot to save footage doh lol but did screen grab. Will upload in a mo. Only flown a few times so am going to try distance tomorrow. Footage in a minute. It's not bad :)

Was just testing the feed back and signal on TELLOfpv, didn't drop. Yet when connected to just the one xiaomi it was terrible.

Uploading YouTube now. So it's over to the YouTube conversion tool :( see ya in an hour lol

Planning on doing over 80m gonna go til it runs out lol (with the Mrs walking along side it of course ;) )

Reactions: xcrost
90db stable both front and rear side of Tello... Now go over 80m...really good! Thanks for sharing
Correct me if I'm wrong but the tello will always report 90db back because it's referring to the connection to the repeater strapped to it's back.
There is no way to know how strong the link between the two repeaters is, apart from using a second phone with am Wi-Fi analyser app to monitor the signal strength of the tello repeater.

Reactions: ph2t
Dam your good, I didn't think of that. That explains why the dB didn't drop on the footage that I quickly took, well screen recorded, I just connected to the WiFi on the mi on the TELLO. The quality dropped but I didn't get a warning. So I turned it around. Will upload this footage too.

Reactions: Stele
Correct me if I'm wrong but the tello will always report 90db back because it's referring to the connection to the repeater strapped to it's back.
There is no way to know how strong the link between the two repeaters is, apart from using a second phone with am Wi-Fi analyser app to monitor the signal strength of the tello repeater.
Uhm... Good observation... I didn't thought at this thing... I think you are in right...

Reactions: Stele
What's going to happen out of range, it will still lose connection to phone app. Does it auto land then?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv