Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

@bluejune Feature request: if height is over 10 meters and speed is more than 2m/s while the stick for horizontal movement is not touched by the user, the app could make a voice warning for "Wind drifting" like the loud noise for battery below 10 percent. I almost lost Tello today at 25 meters high, because I did not notice in time that wind was taking it away quite quickly, and on the sky it was barely visible, as it is very small and the sun was at noon right above the drone.
Also in this situation if Fast mode could be auto-activated, it would be even better, to help Tello fight the winds.

If I had an audio warning I could have pressed "Landing" and "Fast mode" 3 seconds earlier, when it was right in the center of an open field.
The wind took it so fast, It drifted around 15 meters in 3 seconds, and it had no propeller guards.

Hi bluejune,
Got my app for a 3 days, I notice my Tello drift all over the place, sometimes its Going up ?

At first minutes tello very stable and does not drift, but as the time goes the tello little by little drift until I can't gain control of it (my input control degraded until it's lost). And it's crash.

I calibrate the IMU, and I try with tello app and nothing unusual, it stays in it's place even it's has no wifi signal

But when I try atello, the anomaly happens again even the tello has lot of signal, it's drifting,

I hope my report has fixed in the next update

Thank you

Hi bluejune,
Got my app for a 3 days, I notice my Tello drift all over the place, sometimes its Going up ?

At first minutes tello very stable and does not drift, but as the time goes the tello little by little drift until I can't gain control of it (my input control degraded until it's lost). And it's crash.

I calibrate the IMU, and I try with tello app and nothing unusual, it stays in it's place even it's has no wifi signal

But when I try atello, the anomaly happens again even the tello has lot of signal, it's drifting,

Thank you
Hi, i dont know if it is because of the app but i had the same problem.

@raulvolador ,
an OTG cable specifically for my Honor,(y) I have tried to change the OTG in Gamesir and OTg in Honor but more than the lights on Gamesir shine does not happen:unsure:.
I'll test further, the blutooth connection is at least on the original app from the video ago stable.

What Garry writes, I'll try again, maybe I overlooked a step:cool:.

Dont use aTelloPilot version 0.5
Lost my tello Today. After a few minutes of Fly my tello spins around by itself. It Lands on Top of a Neighbourhoods roof. We could get it back a few hours later.

@raulvolador ,
an OTG cable specifically for my Honor,(y) I have tried to change the OTG in Gamesir and OTg in Honor but more than the lights on Gamesir shine does not happen:unsure:.
I'll test further, the blutooth connection is at least on the original app from the video ago stable.

What Garry writes, I'll try again, maybe I overlooked a step:cool:.

What Gamesir model ?

If you are talking about Gamesir T1d I'm pretty sure it doesn´t work when wired throught USB-OTG cable, however it works right using Bluetooth.

Raul.

I also had a problem on sunday, the right virtual stick got stuck on downwards which means "fly back horizontaly", even though I wasn't touching the screen. I saved Tello by quickly using the "Landing" function and fast mode.

Lost my tello Today. After a few minutes of Fly my tello spins around by itself. It Lands on Top of a Neighbourhoods roof. We could get it back a few hours later.
Did yours got drift? How about very. 0.4? Is it any drift anomaly? Thanks

Hi brick72,

is it happened without any specific feature?
Can you let me know if you use bluetooth controller (GameSir / FlyPad / general joystick) or enable a specific function?

Hi bluejune,

Thank you
Hi Gathering_cloud,

Can you let me know if you use bluetooth controller (GameSir / FlyPad / general joystick) or enable a specific function?

@bluejune kindly look into our concern, there are a lot of us using mobile phones running Android 5.0 and 5.1 that can't seem to work with atello pilot. Hoping for an immediate solution. Thank you very much.
Hi 1stTimeFlyer,

As I mentioned, some Android devices doesn't support the feature for video processing.
It is not the problem of the Android version. (Officially aTelloPilot can be runnable on Android 5.0 above).
But some devices has a problem even though Android version is 5.0 above.

And some Android devices using Mediatek chipset has problems handling UDP packets so the video can not be handled.
I checked acer liquid Z630 used Mediatek MT6735.
Acer Liquid Z630 - Full phone specifications

is the official Tello app running on the device?

Thanks

Last edited:
Well, that means redmi note 4 don't support video processing, because I used redmi note 4 ????
Hi SAKWHY,

As I mentioned, some Android devices doesn't support the feature for video processing.
It is not the problem of the Android version. (Officially aTelloPilot can be runnable on Android 5.0 above).

And some Android devices using Mediatek chipset has problems handling UDP packets so the video can not be handled.
I checked redmi note4 used Mediatek MT6797.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (MediaTek) - Full phone specifications

Hi 1stTimeFlyer,

I checked acer liquid Z630 used Mediatek MT6735.
Acer Liquid Z630 - Full phone specifications

Thanks

@bluejune yes the official Tello App is running with the device and also the aTello app by Krag. This is the device i'm using Sony Xperia Z1 - Full phone specifications (running 5.1 Lollipop)

I've done everything followed every step on how to connect, even factory reset the device but still i can't fly my Tello using your app.

The airplane icon is forever in gray as seen in my attached picture.

Attachments

• 40685468_2171850359760161_1186428455743389696_n.png
    40685468_2171850359760161_1186428455743389696_n.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 5
Hi Gathering_cloud,

Hello bluejune,

I don't use any Bluetooth or specific feature, just PS4 controller via other or via phone screen. Just normal flight.

Minutes after minutes my control getting worse to stabilize the drone. It's getting drift from zero to uncontrollable. Like it sliding on ice.

Hi guys,

I just want to share my review for the this new app called atellopilot I just did the facetracking and it works perfectly fine. This time the developer did actually made the updates on it. Please click the link of the video below for you to see my review. FYI, i will release another video for the other function of the app like RTH and etc. Please do subscribe on my YouTube channel. Thanks guys

Reactions: Pollax
Hi brick72,

Dear Bluejune,
Yesterday I used the Gamesir TS1 with Otg Cable. Today it happend again, but without any Controller.
Actually I try to deinstall/reinstall the App and try it again.

@bluejune

Congratulations for your great application. aTelloPilot V5 version works as well as the previous ones.

I appreciate that you have added support for Gamesir T1d bluetooth controller in this version.

But after some flights I have to report that I have suffered some control problems. The bluetooth connection is unstable. A couple of times Tello has been hanging in the air not responding any command and I had to disconnect the gamesir controller to regain control into the phone touch screen.

I have also checked that the flight range decreases by half (from 100 to 50 meters) due to bluetooth interference.

So I think I'm going to return my Bluetooth Gamesir T1d controler and replace it for a USB OTG wired Gamesirt T1.

Thanks a lot and keep working.

Raul.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazyed