Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Yes, I know it. But I cant use it.
They say you can Connect via otg, but how you put otg in a Goggle? Its Technical not possible. You Need to Connect via BT. And we all know what happens if we use BT Controller.
To make Tello VR, you NEED to do it with a Second Screen/Phone.
One Phone as Controller, the Second for video.
But until yet its not possible to use the Tello with 2 Phones. (As far as I know...)
But this is necessary for tello Users.
Hi, you don't have to plug otg on google. You let the otg cable plugged on the phone and you put the phone inside the google. There is hole on the google which allows to let cable from outside to inside.

Hi, you don't have to plug otg on google. You let the otg cable plugged on the phone and you put the phone inside the google. There is hole on the google which allows to let cable from outside to inside.
20180903_221901.jpg
I hope you see the "Problem".
15cm otg cable to use with Goggle is not possible.
And, at least, the App runs Not on my HTC.

Reactions: spamaro
Yeap, a longer cable is needed :)
Yes, but I Really dont want to use Another App. 3 Apps for One tello ??
It would be a Solution with an longer cable, of course. But until yet aTelloPilot dosnt Support vr, so no Need to buy.
I hope VR will be Support in Next Version.
The Original Stock App supports VR, but I buyed the TS1 Controller especially for this App. I wouldnt buy Another controller, I better like Support aTelloPilot in any Way I could. Until yet Bluejune did a better job than ryze and dji. Ok, its not perfect, but he Works on it and he try to implement our Ideas and wishes.
Who thought we will get Face Tracking, Video with audio, headless mode, rth...
So lets hope bluejune implements VR ???
And than I buy an longer otg cable!!!#

Reactions: bluejune
Hi,

aTelloPilot V0.5.1 released in play store just now.
This version just fixes below issues

Version 0.5.1 hot fix release
  • flight menu enablement bug fix (permissions on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) fix)
  • volume button bug fix
  • other reported minor bugs fix

Thanks for all folks reporting the issues.
Bluejune, not at the play store yet, maybe tomorrow

VR looks bad on tello anyway due to hd resolution split in two screens and the camera is not wide enough to avoid lateral obstacles. I tried it on the regular app and crashed tello a couple of times, so no more VR for me.

Hi,

aTelloPilot V0.5.1 released in play store just now.
This version just fixes below issues

Version 0.5.1 hot fix release
  • flight menu enablement bug fix (permissions on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) fix)
  • volume button bug fix
  • other reported minor bugs fix

Thanks for all folks reporting the issues.

App works now on both of my Samsung Tablets Android 5.x , but sadly without Video. Video works with both tello stock app & aTello app though.

Keep up the excellent work ???

Hi bluejune,
Thanks for the great app. I have a new suggestion for the upcoming versions: would it be possible to add geolocation info to the pictures when saved? (EXIF)
I know that the Tello does not have a GPS, but it would be great when you could add at least the phone location to the picture. It is still better than nothing.

Thanks...

Hi bluejune,
Thanks for the great app. I have a new suggestion for the upcoming versions: would it be possible to add geolocation info to the pictures when saved? (EXIF)
I know that the Tello does not have a GPS, but it would be great when you could add at least the phone location to the picture. It is still better than nothing.

Thanks...
Good idea. It would be great to have this feature

VR looks bad on tello anyway due to hd resolution split in two screens and the camera is not wide enough to avoid lateral obstacles. I tried it on the regular app and crashed tello a couple of times, so no more VR for me.

Hi,

I advise you not using split screen goggles for VR.

I succesully tried Foam single screen FPV (First Person View) goggles. See my post:

Tello full screen Goggles for VR (Virtual Reality) or FPV (First Person View)

This way both eyes share the same lens/image and you can use your favorite Tello app.

NO need of any special app VR mode. Just use your app main screen. aTelloPilot Flight screen is great for that.

Of course you need a separate Remote Controller bluetooth or wired.

For me this is the best option.

Cheers.

Raul
-----

NEW-Latest-Quanum-V2-PRO.jpg
Quanum-V2-PRO-sample.jpgquanum pro phone holder.jpg

Last edited:
there is a problem with the application, hover is unstable always drift to right side when using Atello Pilot app, but if using the stable telover official app, I have repeatedly calibrated, but it's still the same

there is a problem with the application, hover is unstable always drift to right side when using Atello Pilot app, but if using the stable telover official app, I have repeatedly calibrated, but it's still the same
Do you mean Tello is not hovering even though you don't touch the controller?
I think you touched trims in below controller screen. Can you check if red rectangle is centered when you don't touch the OSD stick?
If it is not, you can reset trims if you double click stick marker area.
manual_screen.png

Thanks.

Hi,

I succesully tried Foam single screen FPV (First Person View) goggles. See my post:

This way both eyes share the same lens/image and you can use your favorite Tello app.

NO need of any special app VR mode. Just use your app main screen. aTelloPilot Flight screen is great for that.

Cheers.

Raul
-----

View attachment 1453
View attachment 1454View attachment 1462
I dont want to destroy my Googgles.
Its ok if you dont want to Fly with Split Screen. But why you wont Let the User decide what HE likes?
And its not that Economic to buy Another Googgles only to destroy it dir Tello, if its Basicly possible to do it with Software.

Hi,

Cheers.

Raul
-----

View attachment 1453
View attachment 1454View attachment 1462
Thank you for share your experimentation ! Sure this method can have lot of advantages, better screen quality, and probably more confort for eyes. I would be curious to try it with fisheye lens add on the tello ! (there is threads here people adding phone lens on the tello for have wide screen).

I was trying to make some good cinematic footage with my Tello but I was having a hard time with YAW controls. I was turning too fast and the video is not as smooth as it could have been..

I tough maybe there would be a way to make the YAW smoother when in slow mode ? Just trowing it out there..

I enjoy this app every day !!
Thanks

Reactions: Splicer
I was trying to make some good cinematic footage with my Tello but I was having a hard time with YAW controls. I was turning too fast and the video is not as smooth as it could have been..

I tough maybe there would be a way to make the YAW smoother when in slow mode ? Just trowing it out there..

I enjoy this app every day !!
Thanks

I got excelent and smooth cinematic footage when using TRIM controls as commented in previous post.

It's possible recording 360 degrees panos or slow travelings

For example I use this trim settings when performing longer 'Up and Away' shoots.

Screenshot_20180910-191018~01.png

Try it !

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pyww2