Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

I just got a Parrot Flypad Controller. Can someone tell me how to use it with a OTG cable.
Just connect the controller to your phone via usb and the OTG adaptor. Atellopilot will recognize it automatically.

Edit: in the app settings, it has the option to find the controller in the case you are using flypad or gamesir device. Other than that, it should be straight forward.

How do I get either to work? I click on controllers and it starts Bluetooth search.

On the xbox case, you will need an Xbox One S or X controller. Just hit the pairing mode and look it up in your android phone.

In PS4 you press and hold the PS button and Share button at the same time until the light starts flashing rapidly.

Edit: Bluetooth version of PS4 has a horrible lag on my Galaxy S8 phone. Xbox was around 8ms.

I prefer to go OTG.

Oh Bluetooth yes I know how to do that but how do I get a otg connection when the apps only option is Bluetooth? Or does it auto recognize the other controller but just not display the option on the UI? I have a Moto Z2 Force, for reference. If i can use a wired PS3 generic off brand controller otg then I'll go buy one at Walmart. Yes the lag of using Bluetooth controllers over top the WiFi signal is horrible. The other app aTello v 0.96 is built around otg controller, but it's only a basic control app and not maintained anymore for now.

It auto recognizes it. It will consider it an input device, but unspecified. PS3, to my understanding, won't work. Consider that when you choose a controller. What you can do is go to the store and bring a micro usb cable. Connect the ps3 replica controller of the shelve to your phone. If the phone recognizes the input, you should be good to go.

Hi guys,

@bluejune would like to buy your application, but I am waiting to see if there are new features with object tracking

Thanks for all

So I finally found my phone's OTG and when I plugged it in, I found out it changed the keymap layout of the app, although the app recognizes it by the same name. Is there a way to map the keys to any way I want them? I like how they are layed out via bluetooth.

So I finally found my phone's OTG and when I plugged it in, I found out it changed the keymap layout of the app, although the app recognizes it by the same name. Is there a way to map the keys to any way I want them? I like how they are layed out via bluetooth.

I read you can remap any Gamepad keys using "Gamepad Tester" free android app, but I didn't try it.

[ Tutorial ] Redefine any keys of your Android Keybord, Remote Controller, Gamepad to your needs. - FreakTab.com

Good luck !

Reactions: Ansia
I agree. One that allows me to map the controller inside the app. I don't want to root my phone, to use game tester

Reactions: raulvolador
@bluejune ,

Don't you think it's time for an app update ?

Some bugs are waiting for fixing, for example photo mode hanging. another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Thanks in advance

Raul
-----
Agree.
I have asked @bluejune to add a way to make slower turns, so we can get better videos.
We have paid for this good software, so we deserve bugs fixing and functionality improvmente.
Thanks
Regard
Gabriel

Reactions: raulvolador
Agree.
I have asked @bluejune to add a way to make slower turns, so we can get better videos.
We have paid for this good software, so we deserve bugs fixing and functionality improvmente.
Thanks
Regard
Gabriel

I agree. One that allows me to map the controller inside the app. I don't want to root my phone, to use game tester

I agree with both of you. ;)

It want to be able to perform slower turns, maybe adding a Yaw sensitivity configuration. I want to be able to remap controller buttons, in my case to have a quick Return to Home toggle into my controller.

I hope @bluejune listen to our request.

Raul

How would you folks rate this app over the official app?

Pros & Cons?

Is this the best option right now other than the official app?

In my opinion aTelloPilot is the best option: Distance meter, Return to Home, generic USB gamepad support, on-screen map, fly by waypoints, face tracking, ...

Into my low-tier Samsung A3 mobile phone it also gets an smoother, no frame drops, video feed.

Lately it suffers a little lack of support. I hope app developer @bluejune give us a new version soon ;)

Raul.

Reactions: GabrielK
Just bought the app. The Pro's def seem to outweigh the Con's on this one after reading all of the reviews. More updates seems to be the only real need that most members are talking about. Figure i'd support the app to hopefully get things moving quicker. Excited to try it out!

Tried to download it from google play place but we do not have an account there. Is the another way to buy this atellopilot app? We even tried to send a message to the person (developer?) on the first post of this thread asking if we could buy it right from them somehow and we received no answer or even a response.

Plus would be kinda disappointed if we bought this app and found out that it has been abandoned or something :(

Has anybody heard from this developer lately?
Why not make an account? It's free and I beleive you can link a paypal account to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pyww2